Server and Software Upgrades

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
We upgraded both the server and the forum software this afternoon. It may be several more days before we iron out the kinks and fix all the issues. If you encounter any problems feel free to report them here or by private message.

blame-brad.png

Hey @Brad , when I looked at my notifications I see the post count, likes and points, but the descriptions of what they are do not appear.

I am also noticing that my post preview is not working, and also the notifications preview isn't showing until I actually click on the icon. Not sure if this is happening to anyone else or if it is my computer having issues again... :confused:

Just checked my "Touch Screen" settings and they are disabled, so I don't know :sneaky:

Last edited:
Are you referring to your mobile device or desktop?

What is the post preview you're talking about? Is it when you are making a post or viewing a list of threads? I may need more details or screenshots.

@Brad When you hover your mouse on the post title and the post preview shows up
@Decadancin That feature didn't work very well on a tablet/phone to begin with for me. Post previews and notification don't show until you actually click on the icon on mobile. On PC it's fine. What computer do you have?

Are you referring to your mobile device or desktop?

What is the post preview you're talking about? Is it when you are making a post or viewing a list of threads? I may need more details or screenshots.

On my computer. When I have notifications for PM or threads that have responses or if I've been tagged I used to get a preview of first 5 and click on the icon if there were more to see. Now it only works if I click the icon. Also the thread preview wasn't working if I hover over the title again. As a side note to another issue, auto-capital is working on my phone right now. I'm a tech mess :confused: :geek:

On my computer. When I have notifications for PM or threads that have responses or if I've been tagged I used to get a preview of first 5 and click on the icon if there were more to see. Now it only works if I click the icon. Also the thread preview wasn't working if I hover over the title again. As a side note to another issue, auto-capital is working on my phone right now. I'm a tech mess :confused: :geek:
All of that works the same for me as it did before. If I hover my mouse over the flag or envelope it gives me a drop-down preview. Is that what you're talking about? What browser are you using?

All of that works the same for me as it did before. If I hover my mouse over the flag or envelope it gives me a drop-down preview. Is that what you're talking about? What browser are you using?
Chrome. yes the drop down is not working for me and the post preview as well. also, now caps not working on the tablet. I don't think the caps are upgrade related...

So today everything is working correctly on my PC. Drop downs are showing, post preview is back to normal and when I click on Home, it does not give a drop down with options first, but goea right to the home page like it used to. (I don't think I mentioned that one yet.) I'm not sure if that is what @jannb was talking about. So far all is well on the Deca-Computer today :D.

Back
Top Bottom