serpentarium in sac. ca. sells bad uv lights

salty dog

Chameleon Enthusiast
I tried telling them, they said whatever they could to not be responsible and that it is not the uv light..... they don't know I'm not some idiot......bad business!!!!

either an employee is switching them or somebody are returning them and they just put it right back out to sell....

Do you test your uvb? For your chams to be on the verge of MBD, they'd need months and months of little to no d3 supplementation and next to no uvb rays.

the only 2 vivs with uv bulb from serpentarium are having a problem... all others I get from other source, I replace mine every 6 months..

I can post all my vivs with pictures of all my chams to show all others are healthy, but I don't think that would be necessary

No I believe you, but I'm saying is if they're having problems, I'm assuming you bought them a little while ago before noticing if MBD is showing?

Are we talking Reptisun, Arcadia, or both, and do you have a Solarmeter?
I would think that a meter would be mandatory for breeders.

Both brands of T5HO UVB are warrantied for one year, IANAL, but receipts for date of purchase and meter readings sould be prima facie evidence of faulty bulbs, and if the dealer won't stand behind them, I'd go to the mfrs. (with complaint about that dealer) and if necessary, the media, which will spread word much better than a forum post. YMMV.

Used to like that store till they sold me my dying furcifer willsii 😩 they can kick rocks trying to say I killed her 🙄 I’m sorry but no I’m mother teresa too these chameleons.

sorry about your boys salty

Unfortunately, I'm not that surprised to hear this. Their customer service is garbage and my orders usually take at least two weeks before they ship them. I'm very specific about what I am willing to order from them but I've been debating whether or not to stop giving them my business.

you know something I discarded when I purchase from them my card to get kept getting flagged for fraud so I had to pay in cash so I’m wondering what’s going on there?

Were you flagged by your credit card company or by the vendor?

Some people have had to resort to resolution thru their credit card companies.

Were you flagged by your credit card company or by the vendor?

Some people have had to resort to resolution thru their credit card companies.
My credit card kept telling me that the company was fraud, so becuase I paid in cash I was unable to dispute the claim with my credit card company. I ignored all the red flags 🙄

That tells me that either the vendor has tried some shenanigans or the credit card company has received a LOT of complaints about that vendor. BICBW.

I believe PayPal has some kind of dispute resolution as well, but IDK the details.

Back
Top Bottom