Serious question about food

OrangeJuice

Established Member
Hi guys, so I'm a new chameleon owner. My male veiled, Yoyo, lives in my playroom where we incidentally grow marajuana. He seemed interested in it so I put him on it and he's been really enjoying climbing it! Today, however, while I was giving him his ten minutes of plant play, I saw him chomp a bite out of the leaf! I'm not an expert on marajuana (it's legal in my state and my parents grow it) but should I be concerned for his health? I took him away from it and only let him play on the Ivy I have. I gave him some lettuce (after research I heard they actually DO eat leafy greens, pets mart told me they didn't) and he chomped it right down. Thanks for any help guys!

Marijuana is toxic to veiled (and probably all) chameleons. I came upon this in looking for other plants for my veiled. it's extremely toxic to them

idk if that's enough to do him serious harm. I would definitely get that plant replaced with one from the safe plant list like asap, before he munches any more

I've only been a Cham owner for about 5 months, and I'm totally shocked by how many plants are considered toxic to chams. Every time I find a good looking plant it's almost always considered toxic. Sometimes I wonder if toxic means the same thing to me as it does everyone else, regardless you owe it to your chams to do your homework first.

Back
Top Bottom