Serious eye problem!!

Noahtb54

Problem: I have a male veiled chameleon named Charlie, he's a little more then a year old and he seems to show no interest in eating. He's had a few problems with his eyes in the past but always got better. For the last week I've noticed his eyes stayed closed and that every now and then he would rub his eye on a branch. I tried flushing with water and saline. It seemed to help the problem temporally but would always go back to keeping his eyes closed. He used to go after the crickets I fed him very fast and now he shows no interest in eating them. He's also shown more of his mad and stressed colors then his happy green and blue

*Chameleon info: male veiled, a little more then a year old. Got him from a pet store at 5 months old.
*Handling: I try to take him out and let him crawl around on my hands and couple times a week for a half hour or so and he loves it but is not showing interest in me anymore(seems scared of me)
*Feeding: I feed him around 7-9 crickets daily but sometimes he will go a day or two without them if I run out. Occasionally if I'm to busy to get crickets I will feed him some lettuce to fill his stomach up a little bit.
*Supplements: I use Fulkers calcium and a couple times a month dust the crickets with his zoo med multivitamins he needs.
*Watering: I mist a couple times daily(normally hates it) and every now and then I put him in a shower. I also use a dropper to physically give him water when he opens his mouth.
*Fecal description: his poop is brown and hasn't changed, and his urate is mostly white with some yellow ( I know the yellow means he needs more water) hasn't ate in 2 days so I haven't seen any recent droppings
*History: got from a pet store when he was around 5 months old. He's awesome and when he's happy his colors are pretty. I want to make sure he's okay.

*Cage description: 16X16X30 reptibreeze screen cage chameleon kit(planning to get a more large one soon)
*lighting: 1 heat bulb and 1 exoterra uvb 100 bulb( pretty sure it's a 25 watt)
*Temperature: around 80-82 at the top and 65-70 on the bottom.
*Humidity: I spray a couple times daily but I think it's around 50-55 when I spray.
*plants: has a medium sized pothos plant on the bottom of the cage. Grows upwards like vines sometimes. Also have fake plants on the sides of the cage and real sticks and the fake vine you can wrap.
Location- southern Indiana

Please help!

Attachments

• 20160804_154546.jpg
    20160804_154546.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom