Senegal or Graceful Laid Eggs - Help!

Esperanzas Momma

Esperanza laid her eggs a week ago and I havent done anything with the bin. They could very well be fertilized, as I got her 2 months ago. I need some advice.

First - the local reptile shop will take the eggs and incubate them for me and give me store credit if they hatch. (Not entirely trustworthy group - so in 6-9 months they could get babies and I get the shaft.)

Is it hard to incubate them? Im willing to do it, but not sure the how-to.

Do I need to dig them up from the substrate (has calcium in it) or can I leave them be?

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure about graceful eggs she was gravid before you got her I assume?its probably not hard though I've hatched veilds and panthers and bred Jackson and if you do not have the knowledge on hatching them I'm not sure if you want too its very expensive to raise babies and how will you handle trying to home all of them for alot less then you spend on them because they are eating machines and if you cant deal with keeping a few you dont want to I'm not trying to rltalk you out of it but there is alot of things about it that are challenging but if you are sure I will get out my Chameleon books and find them in there and post it back to you?

She had to be gravid when I got her. They told me she was not Wild Caught, but after getting home and doing research on Gracefuls and Senegals, (not sure which she is) Im thinking she is.
I really dont want to house the babies - sounds like a lot of work.

Well its prob too late to dig them up I would just do room temps and hope you will have to control humidity maybe cover the bin put 1/8 inch holes in cover but I'm not sure I've never did it that way but they are in ground in nature

Back
Top Bottom