Senegal Chameleon

kfactor

am going to be buy a cham soon and i found a Senegal Chameleon for 180 with cage and some other stuff and was just wondering this is going to be my first cham would this be a good one to start with and is the price good or not ? i was thinking of getting a veild first what do u guys think thanks

Yes do not get a Senegal! The price sounds a bit too much also. They go for about $30 but the reason they are so cheap is because they are all wild caught. A Senegal was my first chameleon and it died in a month. I took him to the vet and got a round of 6 shots and fed him through a syringe for the entire time then he finally died. They are not good chams to take care of.

i wouldn't get a veiled either as a first time cham. they tend to be aggresive. if you want something i'd say start out with a panther if you want color and size. but I have fischers and they are cool as heck so are jacksons!!!

i wouldn't get a veiled either as a first time cham. they tend to be aggresive. if you want something i'd say start out with a panther if you want color and size. but I have fischers and they are cool as heck so are jacksons!!!

Not all veileds are aggressive (mine weren't) and because they are pretty hardy they DO make a good first chameleon. Their temp and humidity requirements are a bit easier for newbies to handle. Jackson's and Fischer's are not as easy to acclimate. They need cooler temps, higher humidity, and their nutritional needs are trickier to get right.

Back
Top Bottom