Senegal chameleon

Sorry about your cham poor guy
Thank you so much.. I think he was just too far gone. Pretty sure he was vitamin deficient before we even got him and it went into the bones and he couldn't hide it any more. Then went the dehydration. I do have to say this forum helped my husband and I alot through these last 4 days so thank you for that.

Thank you so much.. I think he was just too far gone. Pretty sure he was vitamin deficient before we even got him and it went into the bones and he couldn't hide it any more. Then went the dehydration. I do have to say this forum helped my husband and I alot through these last 4 days so thank you for that.
Maybe in time you can try again at keeping these creatures. As you seen they are so sensitive creatures but it’s such an honor to keep them and help them thrive to have the best life possible. I wish you and your husband the best! I wish I could get my husband to join

I'm so sorry for your loss and heart breaking experience. From what I have read Senegal tend to be wild caught imports and don't get the best handling on the way in to the country. They would be a challenge even for an experienced keeper.

I really appreciate all of this. Our cham passed last night.
Awwwww I am sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is to watch them in that condition. Just know that it is not always that experience. If you decide to try again get either a Male Veiled or a Panther. They really are wonderful animals. Needy but it is endearing. Again so sorry for your loss and that this was your first experience. I hope you contact the breeder this is not ok.

I'm sorry for your loss but I'm not surprised. His color and laying down were indicators that this was likely sadly. Chameleon keeping has a big learning curve and everyone seems to go through at least some issues.

I hope you will continue to read and learn on this forum if you eventually want to get another chameleon...but if you do, please don't make multiple threads about the same chameleon...it makes it so hard for us to help you.

Again...so sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
@Brodybreaux25 here is the fourm of what was going on with our cham. Like we keep telling u he was doomed as soon as we got him. This was a 3-4day thing and it was brutal. we did not go to the vet till day 3 so I dont see how that could have CONTRIBUTED to his death. I urge you to read this because we were having massive problems with him.. have a great day. I am done here. I would like to morn my chameleon with out being told my husband and I wasted our time and effort trying to save his life with what we had. Thank you for whatever help you provided. Good day.

@Brodybreaux25 here is the fourm of what was going on with our cham. Like we keep telling u he was doomed as soon as we got him. This was a 3-4day thing and it was brutal. we did not go to the vet till day 3 so I dont see how that could have CONTRIBUTED to his death. I urge you to read this because we were having massive problems with him.. have a great day. I am done here. I would like to morn my chameleon with out being told my husband and I wasted our time and effort trying to save his life with what we had. Thank you for whatever help you provided. Good day.
I’ve been fully aware of each of your threads from the start.

Everything I said is still completely valid.

Good day.

Back
Top Bottom