Semi free range bio active enclosure

O my.....it feels so f** amazing, what just a thin piece mesh can do. I feel 300% more connected with her 😍. Just sitting next to me in her little tree with no boundary except the few inches of air, BIZAR! Didn’t expected this.....😃
I completely agree! 😍 It’s an awesome experience when your chameleon can be soo close to you without being afraid. I have a free range tree set up from my chams enclosure up and over my bed with a branch she can use to climb near the head of the bed if she wants and here is where she is rn.

Attachments

• F78222C6-F505-4EDA-B937-086A2A027B5D.jpeg
    F78222C6-F505-4EDA-B937-086A2A027B5D.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 141
I completely agree! 😍 It’s an awesome experience when your chameleon can be soo close to you without being afraid. I have a free range tree set up from my chams enclosure up and over my bed with a branch she can use to climb near the head of the bed if she wants and here is where she is rn.
👌🏻👌🏻 That’s really cool!
It’s just great when they can do their own thing.

I agree it sounds :cool:. Just curious... Ever have to clean 💩 off your pillow? :rolleyes:

My enclosure isn't free range, but it's oriented so the little guy can see out the front box window, and he loves it too.

Likewise, the beardie's fave out-of-enclosure perch is in a north-facing window where he can watch what goes on in the big willow tree & meadow beyond.

When either/both have had enough, they make it known by moving. ;)

Really glad this is working out for you! :cool:

My enclosure isn't free range, but it's oriented so the little guy can see out the front box window, and he loves it too.

Likewise, the beardie's fave out-of-enclosure perch is in a north-facing window where he can watch what goes on in the big willow tree & meadow beyond.

When either/both have had enough, they make it known by moving. ;)

Really glad this is working out for you! :cool:
Haha, nice that they got their view and free space.

Even greater that you can read them 😎

She now has double view, and both sides are windows and she can watch from atop of her branches to the garden or to the more actively street side.

So far it looks like it’s working. Had Saturday the first escape and pulled the plastic side walls a bit higher, now 2 days nothing, so 🤞🏻

Now hopefully doesn’t poo in the tree, and more from tree on the soil. That’s for now the big ❓❓❓

She now has double view, and both sides are windows and she can watch from atop of her branches to the garden or to the more actively street side.
My prediction SWAG is that she'll settle on whichever window attracts the most bugs. :LOL:

Now hopefully doesn’t poo in the tree
Good luck with that! :LOL:

EDIT: 💩 happens when & where it happens.

Last edited:
I agree it sounds :cool:. Just curious... Ever have to clean 💩 off your pillow? :rolleyes:
😅 I usually lay a cardboard on the bed under her hangout spots but there have been a couple of whoopsies. But it’s not so bad now that I wait for her to leave a pile of 💩 before I let my guard down. 😂

On the poop issue. I can't say for sure, but I would swear mine use the same spot for pooping. It tends to be the furthest away from where they spend their time. I will bet 10 to 1 you will find she poops off the edge. 3 to 1 that if you give he a "pooping branch that extends a bit out from the tree she will start using that. Mat take time and some times I think I imagine it, but nope they do seem to have poop spots. It is not something you would notice in a standard enclosure.

😅 I usually lay a cardboard on the bed under her hangout spots but there have been a couple of whoopsies. But it’s not so bad now that I wait for her to leave a pile of 💩 before I let my guard down. 😂

I get this mental image of you taking a nap right under that spot during the day, and your mouth opens (snoring?) I'll leave the rest to the readers' imaginations... :rolleyes:

On the poop issue. I can't say for sure, but I would swear mine use the same spot for pooping. It tends to be the furthest away from where they spend their time. I will bet 10 to 1 you will find she poops off the edge. 3 to 1 that if you give he a "pooping branch that extends a bit out from the tree she will start using that. Mat take time and some times I think I imagine it, but nope they do seem to have poop spots. It is not something you would notice in a standard enclosure.
Mine has a pretty regular spot (area) in his std. enclosure—right near his feeder cup—probably 80-90%. Some hit the plants—some hit the floor. I've been thinking about putting a paper target on the floor just to see what happens... :rolleyes: EDIT: À la Cow Pie BINGO! :p

Last edited:
Lets hope so, had read about the poop branch and installed already 6 branches under the crown of the tree, above the soil 🤞🏻 However there are some branches hanging free, outside the soil range 🙄

FYI just measured Bella´s living space and has following dimensions:

Total height 5.7 ft (that includes 2.19 ft height planter)
Total width 3.4 ft
Total depth 2.3 ft

Also, beside the climbing space of the tree, I´ve added at least 17 extra branches around, above and through the tree.

Pretty sick beardie set up casque. Good info although I don't find it necessary for the entire rooms humidity to be 100% if you just have a fogger running over the chameleon. I have a montane, which need even higher humidity than veileds, and my guy has been perfectly hydrated for months while I run a dehumidifier in the same room with just fog blasting on him at night(I also do a weekly shower for 1-2 hrs on mist). This would be tricky though if your chameleon sleeps all over the place because you'd have to keep moving the fogger, luckily for me my guy is in the same spot every night.
This is absolutely the solution, got the free range setup now running for 8 weeks and the fogger pointed at her sleeping spot, with only 3 misting session (evening-night-morning) no dripped or whatsoever and she’s perfectly hydrated. Even had my first successful clutch this week in the bio active soil / planter.

Back
Top Bottom