Selling/buying eggs

EHHHHHH.... Only only only if you know the breeder and it is done in the window of time so that they are actually still viable. And only if you are an experienced cham keeper. Hatchlings are way more work then even a 3 month old cham. So delicate and die easily.

Bill Strand has been talking about it and I wanted to hear your guys' opinions and reasons..
I think it is sad in most cases... I have seen a lot of people over the years here get babies that were far too young to be sold and they die. People who buy eggs and the eggs never hatch or they do and they kill the babies because they really do not have the experience to care for a hatchling.

I’ve only been in the hobby since late 2018. I acquired 3 eggs from a member here and all three hatched and are doing well today. It was very stressful but rewarding. It did not come without problems. I had issues with all three In the first couple of months. Each different issues, thankfully they ended up being fine. Then having to move them to separate enclosures was another hurdle. One did fine the other two took a while to adjust. All in all it’s work but if you are willing to take direction to do things the right way and prepare ahead of time it’s rewarding. 😊

So let's change the question a little bit..

In what circumstances would you buy/sell an egg?
What characteristics would you look for in a potential buyer/seller?

Back
Top Bottom