Self cleaning dubia enclosure

@jamest0o0 I put a bunch of cleaner beetles in with my dubia's do you think that may be sufficient to keep their bin clean? I read somewhere when I was researching that they would, and that I would (and actually that I should not) clean their bins anymore than once a yearish?? Does that seem accurate to you?

Yup sounds perfect. I love the cleaner beetles for barebottom enclosures. Them and their larvae take care of mold, poop, dead bugs, etc. Mine in my hissers cage have blown up, there's thousands... My hissers are bio and have springtails and isopods as well.

The nice thing about roaches is the adults mostly eat and the babies live off the frass. As gross as it sounds, the poop makes a substrate layer for them to live in. I cleaned my roach cages once and it was only to reorganize and give them bigger bins to fix my newbie mistakes. Now they are booming out of control. I could do without all the Dubia, but I really like the orange heads. And the Halloween hissers are just cool lol. Future Parsons treats

Well if you ever have orange heads you want to trade for silkworms or superworms, or sell let me know. The next 2 breeding projects I am going to do are those and hornworms!

I'll have to up my cleaner beetles. I ordered a small batch a while back, but haven't seen many. I'll take a look and assess the situation.

I have a ridiculous amount of cleaner beetles. In the beginning you don't see a lot, but once there are a enough they are everywhere. I feed them off now (the larvae mostly) to my arachnids and sometimes my geckos.

Back
Top Bottom