Sela baby.. boy or girl?

Aminah Undone

I figured out pretty quickly who was male and who was female..

....or so I thought!

babies28dec11002.jpg

This little one makes me think girl about 90% of the time, but then her face will get all this color and I'm just not 100%.

What do you think? Her body is usually the typical female colors.. pink, coral, sandy, etc.

I'll get one tomorrow, then. The breeders I've spoken to say they go by coloration just hours out of the egg, and not by the base of their tail since their potential hemipenes will not be developed enough to present as a bulge or larger base. That's what I've been doing ..and feel I've been pretty accurate thus far. Just this girl has me stumped :eek:

Irregardless, I will be terrorizing her/it with the camera, in the morning. I don't want to wake her up now.

Thanks everyone! :)

Okay.. this little one is deathly afraid of the camera, so I have not been able to get clear shots of the nether region. I am not of the mind to traumatize them just for a few cute pics. That's just how I am with my animals. To each their own. However, I did try again, today...

5Jan12selababies001.jpg

This is what I got ..LOL! She or he is NOT having it! S/he does this every time I come near with the camera.

5Jan12selababies002.jpg

I even dropped crickets, to try and keep everyone occupied. These kids were game..

5Jan12selababies003.jpg

These two were about to scuffle over who walked passed whom on the vine.. and then they noticed I have the camera.. haha!

5Jan12selababies005.jpg

..and s/he still doesn't think I can see behind the branch :D

Thanks, folks :) I am just going to keep them and see what they turn out to be! I am fairly certain about a few of the females, and I had planned to keep all the girls for myself, anyway. *greedy* :D

The other thing I'm wondering about.. is it common for them to shed all on the same day ..and then 2 weeks later (maybe closer to 3), shed again? That seems really frequent, but I don't know ..obviously.

Do any of you keep weight, food intake, shed, etc. notes on your babies? (It's kind of in my blood to want to chart everything.. working in a lab for so long.) I know I like to see that kind of stuff, when I get a new "to me" animal. Just wondering..

Back
Top Bottom