second opinion??

bowen

Hey based on these pictures does Mo look normal along with is droppings?

i came home about an hour ago and he looked like this. im assuming hes stressed about something im not to sure tho. He went back to his normal green colour when i misted him and his home. i did get locked out of my house last night causeing the lights to stay on for about 16-18 hours yesturday. he was a nice green when i left in the morning and now looks like this.

he has a uvb 5.0
100w basking bulb
mix of fake plants with a potho plant
i mist him 2-5 times a day
i put 4-6 crix in a day usually 1 or 2 left over from the day befroe
the crix are feed apple,cucumber,potato, dry food from the store( the guy makes it in store)
the have multivitamins 1 a week and calsium with d3 3 times a week
temp sits between 80-85 during the day and 50-60 for humidity

Attachments

• IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0574.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
i do not like how Mo looks in the first picture. is there a reason why his eyes are closed?

how old is the fecal in the second picture? it looks very dry. there is more white than yellow in his urates, which is fine and indicates he is hydrated. if it is a fresh fecal dropping, i would say that i do not like the looks of his poop, but his urates look fine.

the 3rd picture he looks a lot better, but IMHO his dark colors are representing stress, or he is possibly too cool and using the dark coloration to warm his body up. is he ever lighter in color?

i ask that you please fill out this form by copy and pasting the txt into this thread. thank you.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

i do not like how Mo looks in the first picture. is there a reason why his eyes are closed?

how old is the fecal in the second picture? it looks very dry. there is more white than yellow in his urates, which is fine and indicates he is hydrated. if it is a fresh fecal dropping, i would say that i do not like the looks of his poop, but his urates look fine.

the 3rd picture he looks a lot better, but IMHO his dark colors are representing stress, or he is possibly too cool and using the dark coloration to warm his body up. is he ever lighter in color?

i ask that you please fill out this form by copy and pasting the txt into this thread. thank you.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

i would have to agree, the dark color with my guy always indicates something wrong or stressed out. ie spraying lol. would do as sugg, and fill out the how to ask for help form.

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - Mo is 4-5 months about 3-4 inches with out tail, i have had him for about a week now
* Handling - 1 time when i need to move him i use the plant hes on
* Feeding - 4-6 crix a day, i wanna give more but theres always 1-3 crix left
* Supplements - repcal multi vitamins once a week and repcal calcim with d3
* Watering - 2-5 times a day misting, i lightly mist his face and usually after a few squirts he drinks
* Fecal Description - the picture at the top here is prolli a couple hours old
* History - had him for about a week pet store said no problems there

Cage Info:

* Cage Type -bottom half glass top half screen with a screen top
* Lighting - rep cal 100w basking bulb and a 5.0 uvb lightbulb
* Temperature - day 80-90 usualle about 87, bottom during the day 78 usually and night time sits between 60-70 on nights its really cold out side but generally 70-75
* Humidity - this fluxuates between 20-80 i dont know how to control this
* Plants -pothos i believe its called and then a few fake plants then different size branchs
* Placement - the tank sits on an end table in the wreck room of my basement and it sits about 4'-4 1/2
* Location - not sure what this means

\heres a new pickture in the last 2 minutes

about his eyes closed i think that was just happened when i took the picture he usually opens and closes on a regular basis

Attachments

• IMG_0577[1].jpg
    IMG_0577[1].jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 81
well the first thing i see is your suppliments u need to be dusting your feeders daily with calcium WITHOUT d3, and only use calcium w/d3 twice a month as well a multi vitamin is reccomended once a month. also 100w basking bulb is pretty high, the basking area should be like 95deg MAX, and as far as humidity goes try to steady it out 45 to 80%, u can wrap plastic sheating over some of the screen to help, as well the 100w bulb is prob burning of the humidity

the reason its a 100w bulb is because the basement here isnt exactly warm enough i dont hit 90'f let alone 95'f and thanks for the advice with the calcium aand the humidity any other tips??

Back
Top Bottom