Seattle Metro Reptile Expo

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
One of our sponsors is hosting a show this weekend near Seattle. Is anyone going? Please share some photos if you get a chance.

Saturday, May 11, 2013
10-5 p.m.

The 4th Seattle Metro Reptile Expo at the Renton Community Center in Renton, WA (1715 SE Maple Valley Hwy., Renton, WA 98057)
Link: Seattle Metro Reptile Expo

Will definitely be going! Booked a hotel room with ReptiGurl in Renton for tonight. Looking forward to the show! Look out for a cute young couple that are overly enthusiastic when around chameleons ;)

Will definitely be going! Booked a hotel room with ReptiGurl in Renton for tonight. Looking forward to the show! Look out for a cute young couple that are overly enthusiastic when around chameleons ;)

Ack! Travis I'm jealous! I have been planning on going to this show since I heard about it back in February...and now I have two chams on meds and my daughter is unable to administer them. So, long story short, I won't be attending now!

Have fun for me too!! :eek:

Awe no!! I was so excited to meet other forum members! Especially local to me!

I brought my Nikon D60 along because Chels and I went to the Woodland Park Zoo today, so I will be sure to bring it to the expo as well and take tons of photos for all of you :D

I did not get alot of pics we got in late
but here is some

Attachments

• DSC_8643.jpg
    DSC_8643.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC_8711.jpg
    DSC_8711.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_8720.jpg
    DSC_8720.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC_8725.jpg
    DSC_8725.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 150
How did you know that is what I was getting ready to ask.:). What kind of snake is that? I like the horns.

It was sort of disappointing to see all the same people and vendors here as there was in Wilsonville a couple months ago. :\ cool expo though! Just want to see some new faces! :)

horned viper? cool little guy you cant tell from the photo but he is little
maybe 15 inchs

Attachments

• DSC_8639.jpg
    DSC_8639.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_8687.jpg
    DSC_8687.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC_8745.jpg
    DSC_8745.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 164
Thanks to all that stoped by and said hello
Curt it was a huge pleasure! Your boys are even more stunning in person. I have a few photos of them as well as the babies and such from your stand. I'll be sure to post the Expo's photos soon and mention you in it.

It was sort of disappointing to see all the same people and vendors here as there was in Wilsonville a couple months ago. :\ cool expo though! Just want to see some new faces! :)

Well, WE were there and we've never been to Wilsonville. Of course, our faces aren't exactly "new" anymore, lol.:D

Wilsonville is in Oregon, about 3-4 hours away, in a different state, and is attended by many in the Portland, OR/south Washington areas. So most of the customers at the Seattle Metro show don't go down to Wilsonville, which is nice. Both times we've done the Seattle Metro show at this venu the place was crowded with visitors for almost the whole day, and people pretty much walked in the door ready to buy.

We had to turn away some customers. Either because we were already sold out of what they wanted, or because they wouldn't commit to the proper husbandry. One man wanted a female veiled so he could house it with his golden gecko :confused:. When he kept insisting they would "be fine" I finally just busied myself with someone else. Screening prospective cham keepers at a show is a necessary challenge.

Last edited:
Thanks to all that stoped by and said hello

Curt it was a huge pleasure! Your boys are even more stunning in person. I have a few photos of them as well as the babies and such from your stand. I'll be sure to post the Expo's photos soon and mention you in it.

Epic Chameleons had beautiful chameleons to offer and a first-rate, professional looking booth. I was glad to send customers their way.

I'm bummed I missed out. I lived in the northwest for 5 years before moving back to California so I feel a certain affinity for you northwest keepers and vendors. Maybe I'll try to plan a trip up there to coincide with a reptile show next year.

If you're ever in northern Cal for the Sacramento Reptile show, find me (usually with FL Chams) and we can chat chams, rain, coffee, music, and other NW pleasures; ) Ah!!! I miss it up there!

I'm bummed I missed out. I lived in the northwest for 5 years before moving back to California so I feel a certain affinity for you northwest keepers and vendors. Maybe I'll try to plan a trip up there to coincide with a reptile show next year.

If you're ever in northern Cal for the Sacramento Reptile show, find me (usually with FL Chams) and we can chat chams, rain, coffee, music, and other NW pleasures; ) Ah!!! I miss it up there!

The next one is in August here in Portland ,Seattle was nice but we brew better beer here in Portland

Back
Top Bottom