Screens: Fiberglass, Aluminum, Plastic, Other?

Mesnik

Okay, it seems like this is the old chicken and egg question.

From reading here the last 4 days, I have to ask the question perhaps in a different way:

1) What type of screen are you using and why?

No need to elaborate too much so it can be easy and fast to post and read through (it is more of a poll for all of us new to chams)

Thanks guys!!

Roberto.

Plastic screens aren't good. I had an aluminum screen cage with some holes in it from a previous owner that I bought it off of. So I took the entire side of screen off and I went to my local hardware store and they only had plastic screen rolls. So out of my exitement to setting the cage up to get my Veiled in there that same night, I bought it. Now, my veiled has no problem with climbing on it... but I found that the crickets were smart enough to bite holes in them and escape at night. It's not fun waking up in the morning and walking to the bathroom barefoot only to hear a wet crunching sound underneath your feet. That sucks.

Plastic screens aren't good. I had an aluminum screen cage with some holes in it from a previous owner that I bought it off of. So I took the entire side of screen off and I went to my local hardware store and they only had plastic screen rolls. So out of my exitement to setting the cage up to get my Veiled in there that same night, I bought it. Now, my veiled has no problem with climbing on it... but I found that the crickets were smart enough to bite holes in them and escape at night. It's not fun waking up in the morning and walking to the bathroom barefoot only to hear a wet crunching sound underneath your feet. That sucks.

At least you kill it and it doesn't drive you nuts and keep you up at night chirping away lol.

At least you kill it and it doesn't drive you nuts and keep you up at night chirping away lol.

Well... that's what sucks about it. It kept me up all night with the chirping but I couldn't get to it in my room so I tried to sleep it off. Well, at least it was a good wake up. Most of the time I would just grumble to the bathroom with my eyes half open; this time I was wide awake.

I use aluminumn on the outside and plastic garden fencing on the inside. Keeps them off the screen...but crickets cant get out.

Back
Top Bottom