Screened In Terrarium for New Veiled Chameleon

I am a new veiled chameleon owner and I have a glass terrarium with the top being screened in. I was about to purchase a full-screened in 2x2x4 terrarium; however, I do not know how hard it is to keep the humidity and temperature where I want it to be. Any tips?

First suggestion, get the cage setup and track it's temps and humidity for a few days at least before putting him. If you are up for rescreening a panel or three, get some 20 gauge vinyl and swap the screen for the vinyl after tracking all screen first.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Fabric-S...inyl-20-Gauge-Home-Decor-Magic-Cover/p/103686

20181125_185505.jpg

I recommend wrapping three sides of the cage in a shower cutrain for example. It's fairly easy to do and can be easily removed if necessary. Only downside is that it doesn't look that good :D

I recommend wrapping three sides of the cage in a shower cutrain for example. It's fairly easy to do and can be easily removed if necessary. Only downside is that it doesn't look that good :D

You can go the wrap route too lol. I like plastic table cloth for wrapping though. It doesn't have the anti mold chemicals like shower curtains typically do.

@dshuld do you spline in the vinyl? I can't really tell from your photo.
@ the OP what is the humidity like in your area? desert? mountains? swamp?

@dshuld do you spline in the vinyl? I can't really tell from your photo.
@ the OP what is the humidity like in your area? desert? mountains? swamp?

Yes, that pic is just a documentary pic of how I ended up cutting the corners to keep it from rippling. This pic shows the first panel being splined without the cuts and not coming out as "clean". So I trimmed the corners as I ran the spline there after and got a nice "clean" panels.

Attachments

• 20181125_171329.jpg
    20181125_171329.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom