Screened in porch

Tkrd69

Chameleon Enthusiast
Do you still need uvb on a screened in porch it does have a solid roof? Cage is next to screen. I have been using it, just like to know. IMG_20220517_121415_hdr.jpg

I would still use one. The screen still depletes a lot of UVB. Just to be on the safe side. Although I myself have used a screened in porch for my cham in the summer time. I did not have a light but did take him outside and put him in a Rose of Sharron tree so he can get natural sunlight

I would still use one. The screen still depletes a lot of UVB. Just to be on the safe side. Although I myself have used a screened in porch for my cham in the summer time. I did not have a light but did take him outside and put him in a Rose of Sharron tree so he can get natural sunlight
Thank you, I put him on hibiscus in the morning :)

Could you recommend one that s not to pricey
They are all pricey if you are getting the right kind. Solarmeter 6.5 or 6.5R. They run $200-250

Honestly unless your getting sun shinning into that cage your not getting UVB for him. Then there is the fact that it is a solid roof screened in porch and he is also in a screen cage. So your getting a reduction in UVI level through each layer of screen and the fact that the roof is there. Depending on time of day and if their is actually a position where the cage gets full sun your looking at lower UVI levels. UVI levels are higher in the day when the sun is at its peak in the sky. As it sets and rises they are lower.

So essentially you may want to just consider providing a T5HO fixture and a 5.0 bulb at the correct distance.

They are all pricey if you are getting the right kind. Solarmeter 6.5 or 6.5R. They run $200-250

Honestly unless your getting sun shinning into that cage your not getting UVB for him. Then there is the fact that it is a solid roof screened in porch and he is also in a screen cage. So your getting a reduction in UVI level through each layer of screen and the fact that the roof is there. Depending on time of day and if their is actually a position where the cage gets full sun your looking at lower UVI levels. UVI levels are higher in the day when the sun is at its peak in the sky. As it sets and rises they are lower.

So essentially you may want to just consider providing a T5HO fixture and a 5.0 bulb at the correct distance.
Thank you for the info it's nice to get answers that people can understand.

Back
Top Bottom