Screen supplies in UK?

RoskaL

Anyone know where will ship to UK for screen mesh and aluminium frame etc? I want to build my own cage but can't get any of the stuff anywhere in this little country!

Thanks

I saw some brilliant cages yesterday at the Kempton Park Expo - MuJi has taken over the Terry Thatcher business and I saw these fab cages in the flesh. They are also developing 'Hydroflo' drainage bases for these cages too, which are absolutely brilliant! Sadly, the bases are custom fit for those vivs only, although I did ask if they had considered making them to fit Reptibreeze cages too. These cages are almuminium frame with aluminium screen (well, I think that is what it was) and there were no visibilty issues with them at all. They look so much nicer than the black Reptibreeze cages too.

I saw some brilliant cages yesterday at the Kempton Park Expo - MuJi has taken over the Terry Thatcher business and I saw these fab cages in the flesh. They are also developing 'Hydroflo' drainage bases for these cages too, which are absolutely brilliant! Sadly, the bases are custom fit for those vivs only, although I did ask if they had considered making them to fit Reptibreeze cages too. These cages are almuminium frame with aluminium screen (well, I think that is what it was) and there were no visibilty issues with them at all. They look so much nicer than the black Reptibreeze cages too.

Yeh i saw them

As Miss Lily said, www.themeshcompany.com are by far the best and cheapest supplier in the UK. I've actually just spoken to them as I need to get myself some more black epoxy coated stuff as it isn't listed on the website any more and the girl I spoke to said the guy I want was on holiday today but will be back tomorrow (could not think of a better way to write that! :p). I will let you know when he gets back to me tomorrow.

As for the frame... Well, that is entirely different and practically impossible to obtain in small quantities at a reasonable price. I gave up and used wood instead (as it is considerably cheaper!). See my build threads for details:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-latest-build-progress-40191/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-build-guide-everyones-use-38695/

You got a link/website for this new cage builder? I would like to see what they're doing! :D

As Miss Lily said, www.themeshcompany.com are by far the best and cheapest supplier in the UK. I've actually just spoken to them as I need to get myself some more black epoxy coated stuff as it isn't listed on the website any more and the girl I spoke to said the guy I want was on holiday today but will be back tomorrow (could not think of a better way to write that! :p). I will let you know when he gets back to me tomorrow.

As for the frame... Well, that is entirely different and practically impossible to obtain in small quantities at a reasonable price. I gave up and used wood instead (as it is considerably cheaper!). See my build threads for details:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-latest-build-progress-40191/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-build-guide-everyones-use-38695/

You got a link/website for this new cage builder? I would like to see what they're doing! :D

The muji cages are awesome. Really well built and look the nads. Dont look as good in pics.

There is somewhere called CRL something or other that can supply all the needed stuff but you need a registered company to order from them

What size of mesh did you order? They've got loads on themeshcompany site

For about 170 you can get a 60" by 100 foot roll of charcoal mesh. Wasn't really planning on starting a business lol

The muji cages are awesome. Really well built and look the nads. Dont look as good in pics.

There is somewhere called CRL something or other that can supply all the needed stuff but you need a registered company to order from them

What size of mesh did you order? They've got loads on themeshcompany site

For about 170 you can get a 60" by 100 foot roll of charcoal mesh. Wasn't really planning on starting a business lol

I always go for the epoxy coated aluminium stuff (but it's an off website special! :p) I'm waiting for a call tomorrow to get a price, but it'll be around £40 including postage for the 6m I need {I think - we'll see what inflation has done to the price}.

This is the base stuff anyway: http://www.themeshcompany.com/acatalog/BugScreen.html

Right, finally spoke to the guy at the mesh company and they do indeed still do the epoxy coated black mesh and it is the same price as the normal aluminium mesh they have on the website.

You just need to ring them to order it! Standard postage is £7.50 but next day courier was £10, so I will definitely have my build finished this weekend! Massively relieved!

I received my Silk Worms in a carton which contained the mesh pictured below. I asked the supplier where he got the mesh and he said a local garden centre. I searched the garden centres near me and voila I found it.

The cost is very reasonable at £1.99 per 1m (off the roll) x 0.7m wide. So far I've made my last enclosure with it and enclosure no. 3 is also going to be made using it.

Totally support the min-UK section btw +1.

Attachments

• Mesh.jpg
    Mesh.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 176
I received my Silk Worms in a carton which contained the mesh pictured below. I asked the supplier where he got the mesh and he said a local garden centre. I searched the garden centres near me and voila I found it.

The cost is very reasonable at £1.99 per 1m (off the roll) x 0.7m wide. So far I've made my last enclosure with it and enclosure no. 3 is also going to be made using it.

Totally support the min-UK section btw +1.

Is that the green plasticy stuff? Does it work well? I just like to use the aluminium stuff (even though it ius considerably more expensive! :eek:)

Cool! Let's hope to get some support!

Back
Top Bottom