Screen substitute?

mattj

Does anyone use anything other than screen on their cages? I keep noticing my guy slipping and wondering what else I could put up. I'm wondering if the mesh is too fine for him to get a good grasp. Just needed something to keep the crickets in.

I use 1/8" non-galvanized hardware cloth; small enough to stop the feeders from escaping, but big enough to let plenty of UVB/light in and allow for a good grasp

alternatively you could try plastic gutter-guard, but crickets might be able to chew through it

Ill have to look around. Crickets don't roam too long in my cage. But I lterally just made this thing. Would hate to have to take all the screen off and redo it.

I've noticed some of the folks on here use a green plastic mesh over the screen, to give their chams something to grab on. That way the crickets stay in, your guy won't slip, and you're not dismantling your brand new cage. I can't remember which thread I saw it on (I've been trying to look at everything in anticipation of my 1st cham ;) )or I'd post a link. If I find it, I'll try to remember to come back and post it.

I've noticed some of the folks on here use a green plastic mesh over the screen, to give their chams something to grab on. That way the crickets stay in, your guy won't slip, and you're not dismantling your brand new cage. I can't remember which thread I saw it on (I've been trying to look at everything in anticipation of my 1st cham ;) )or I'd post a link. If I find it, I'll try to remember to come back and post it.

This is what i have just done with my new enclosure. I believe it is just your standard PVC coated hardware cloth. Love this stuff and so does my cham. Will see if I can find a photo.

Back
Top Bottom