• 1280x1024

Votes: 100 30.2%
  • 1600x1200 and above

Votes: 112 33.8%

• Total voters

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
What screen resolution does everyone prefer? If your particular size is not listed above, use width for comparison.

Last edited:
I have been thinking recently of changing the home page to a static width (user adjustable) with two main columns. This is compared to the current use of a dynamic width with three main columns. My main reasoning is aesthetics; I think the three columns can look a little cluttered at times. Any opinions?

I have been thinking recently of changing the home page to a static width (user adjustable) with two main columns. This is compared to the current use of a dynamic width with three main columns. My main reasoning is aesthetics; I think the three columns can look a little cluttered at times. Any opinions?

Did you bump this up? Don't see any recent postings. My personal opinion id that I like the home page as is - just my 2 measly sense ;)

Yes, I added the poll to the home page which acted like a bump. I want to get a better idea of the screen resolution people prefer and the poll originally did not get many voters.

The default view will move to a static format, but there will be an option to make it dynamic like it is now. The overall style will remain the same except for some changes to the header.

hmm....no choice for 1280x800? ;) must be one of those awkward widescreen laptop displays :p

Jim

100 voters isnt all that bad, statistically. 1280x1024 and 1024x768 (or something inbetween) are the most common screen resolutions for the average user these days...and seems like your poll just confirms it.

100 voters isnt all that bad, statistically. 1280x1024 and 1024x768 (or something inbetween) are the most common screen resolutions for the average user these days...and seems like your poll just confirms it.

Lol, I didn't know what it really was until after I voted. But the one I picked was the one that has the second most votes so??

Mine isn't on there, I use 1366 x 768 only because I have a 32" LCD HDTV for my computer monitor and that is the only resolution you can get with a 32" TV. It all depends on the monitor and size but for a good gaming computer I wouldn't go anything less than 1024X768 :D

since im a gamer i have some wack stuff on my comp. its a custom made voodoo laptop.
but i put a new Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS SLI ready

since im a gamer i have some wack stuff on my comp. its a custom made voodoo laptop.
but i put a new Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS SLI ready

I built mine from ground up. EVGA SLI ready Motherboard, 9800 GTX, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4 GB RAM (updraging to 8 because of 64 bit Vista), etc...

i finally got a new comp. i got the voodoo omen custom edition. omg i pwn on crysis. my 8600 dont compare to this. plus i got an upgraded RAM from 16gigs to 45gigs.

1680 x 1050 -school laptop screen ratio. Try finding a background for that.

(I've been trying for 2 months and haven't found one yet:mad:)

Back
Top Bottom