Screen help!!

ForrestJungle

Ok so I haven't been on here in a long time!! :) so I'm building a new cage and i need some ideas on how to put my screen on the wood. Im kind of in a pickle. I really don't want to staple it to the wood, i want it cat proof! Someone help? ;p

I'm betting staples are cat proof. I used a lot of them and nothing is breaking it (within reason) other than that, I have never thought of another way to attach it.

Staples every 2 inches. Anything that can separate that can tear through the screen anyhow so it wont matter.

You can get 3/4" wood moulding at Hardware stores, and once you have stapled the screen, nail the moulding over the staples.

It looks a LOT better than staples showing, and the wood pins the screen all the way, so it won't tear.

The 3/4" moulding is about $4.00 for 10 feet.:D

You can get 3/4" wood moulding at Hardware stores, and once you have stapled the screen, nail the moulding over the staples.

It looks a LOT better than staples showing, and the wood pins the screen all the way, so it won't tear.

The 3/4" moulding is about $4.00 for 10 feet.:D

I second this, it is what I have done and is cat proof.

Keeping a cat away altogether is better. Check out my blog here for some ideas on how to do that if interested.

Back
Top Bottom