Scratchies new mansion..

Bob 1000

5ft tall, 3ft deep, 3ft wide.. Lighting and fogger in the top cabinet 3ft tall, also connected to the enclosure.. Heat, humidity and lighting controlled by Digital Aquatic's Herpkeeper. Dubias, super worms, and mealworm beetles in the bottom cabinet. Sealed off from enclosure also 3ft vented with 1 bathroom vent fan controlled by the enclosure controller kept at 78.. Misted daily by hand with RO water..
I didn't want to post pictures as I didn't paint the white molding and it still has poly on it from the 10 coats I'm coating the wood with.. Doors on front are not done yet either..
Hope you guys and girls like.. Let me know what you think, if there are any new products out that I missed in the last 6 months..

Attachments

• IMG_5414.jpg
    IMG_5414.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5415.jpg
    IMG_5415.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_5416.jpg
    IMG_5416.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_5417.jpg
    IMG_5417.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 125
Very neat build. I would never attempt. I prefer to just buy one and snap it together and be done. :p

Where is your UVB fixture on the top of the screen? Or am I missing something? :confused:

I have used the powersun 100watt halid for 1+ years now.. It has both included and gives off a nice amount of heat.. Never used the 2 separate light method..

It gives off UVB right? You should invest in a Zoo Med Repti-Sun 5.0 linear tube light about $30-$40 at Petsmart or Petco. I know I got mine for about $25.. It's highly recommended by all the members (knowledgeable ones).

The bulb I use gives off uva and uvb.. I thought about it but opted not to get it.. Scratchy spends summer outside also.. His colors and health are beautiful..

Even in the winter he needs UVB, I don't think the one you are using is really recommended. I know that I can't change your mind in an instant, but I would check out the search function and look up the Repti-Sun 5.0 bulb.

Nice Build! I was thinking about the Digital Aquatic Herpkeeper. How do you like it? More Pics please.

The PowerSun mercury halide is a UV-B, and also provides heat. It's the only thing I've ever used on my chams (except babies and pygmies, which get the linear Repti-Suns due to space constraint in the smaller cages which would lead to unacceptable heat build-up with the halide. The halides are fine lamps so long as 1) you replace them at least every six months (goes for all UV-B; best if you can check output with a UV-B meter); 2) you're ready for the expense (~ $60/bulb) and 3) you're ready for the heat output and can keep the cham from getting burned.
And, after that digression, that's a pretty spiffy mansion Scratchie's getting!

Oh yeah sorry peoples I do have a reptisun 5.0 bulb on the set up.. I thought I had 2 power sun bulbs but at the 6 month mark I replaced it.. Very tedious with the bulb changes.. It comes from my 300 gallon reef scheduling,,lol.. I did run just the power sun for the first year I had Scratchy..He's been healthy for 2 years straight with no vet visits..

Back
Top Bottom