Scratched Cornia?

Virgil12

I noticed earlier today that my baby veiled about 3 months that something was wrong with his eye. It was a little puffy and there seemed to be a film on it snd when I took him out he scratched it and i was so worried I took him to the vet as soon as I saw it. It just seemed to start today. First of all the doctor was a jerk and dropped my poor little guy! He informed me that he scratched his Cornia and if not treated properly he could loose sight in his eye. He instructed me to apply this ointment 3/4 times a day. I just rubbed a little on his eye and he just rubbes it off.

i dont have a lot of experience with chameleons, there are others on here who do, but with the medicine usually if it is on even for a moment on the eye itself some of it will work. in my opinion getting a 2nd opinion may be a good idea, especially with how important a chameleon's eye is..
Hope your guy feels better soon!!!

Virgil,

I am a veterinarian who loves doing eyes and loves doing herps.

What is the name of the ointment and how is the eye today?

The name of the medicine is vetropolycin and his eye the past 2 days look completely normal, it dosent seem to be bothering him at all! No rubbing his eye as far as I can tell. I will post a picture of his eye the other day

Back
Top Bottom