Schefflera problems

So about the new light I got, my chameleon is under it almost all the time, which is okay if he likes it that much, but he is ignoring the basking spot completely (since I got this daylight bulb) which is important for normal digestion and that’s kind of worrying me. I mean I know he’s not stupid and he knows what to do and what’s best for him. He is also pretty much dark in color all the time under this new light. Should I keep it on for just 6 out of 12 hours a day so he can roam the cage more and hopefully be under the basking spot more?
Hi, would you mind taking a picture of your enclosure showing the light arrangement on the top? Also, do you have a infrared temp gun? What's his temperature under the new light?

Hi, would you mind taking a picture of your enclosure showing the light arrangement on the top? Also, do you have a infrared temp gun? What's his temperature under the new light?
The rightmost one is new, couldn’t find a deep dome so it’s just on a tall stand. The temperature under it is 25 celsius so 77 fahrenheit. The basking lamp is on the left and there’s a fake branch leading up to his basking spot and the UVB one is in the middle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 89
The rightmost one is new, couldn’t find a deep dome so it’s just on a tall stand. The temperature under it is 25 celsius so 77 fahrenheit. The basking lamp is on the left and there’s a fake branch leading up to his basking spot and the UVB one is in the middle.
Since your basking light is so dim, that’s why he is under the new light, it’s brighter. I would rearrange and point both the basking bulb and the new bulb at the same point on a branch so that he’s getting both the bright light he’s liking and heat.

I also recommend adding more branches. There’s some empty (wasted) space. More branches would be highways for him to travel around on.

So about the new light I got, my chameleon is under it almost all the time, which is okay if he likes it that much, but he is ignoring the basking spot completely (since I got this daylight bulb) which is important for normal digestion and that’s kind of worrying me. I mean I know he’s not stupid and he knows what to do and what’s best for him. He is also pretty much dark in color all the time under this new light. Should I keep it on for just 6 out of 12 hours a day so he can roam the cage more and hopefully be under the basking spot more?
I also recommend adding more branches. There’s some empty (wasted) space. More branches would be highways for him to travel around on.
Yeah, I will certainly add more fake branches and fake leaves, wanted to already as a matter of fact, but the shop run out of both so gotta wait for the restock.

Back
Top Bottom