Scary Poop question

zsazsa85

Established Member
Hi There,

I checked my little boy's pooped today and what I saw was surprising. I attached two pictures, I hope you can see what I see. It seems like cricket eggs, but is it normal? He can just poop it out like that? I never thought he has worms 'cause he gained 20 gramms in not even 3 weeks. But I don't know. I am worried....

Attachments

• DSC09462.jpg
    DSC09462.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC09463.jpg
    DSC09463.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 250
Thank you Kath! I'm so glad somebody answered. :)
So his basking spot is probably around 32 Celsius. He is there almost every time.
I'm just looking over the poop thread,but until now I read only about undigested bugs...
But the interesting part is,that his first poop today was normal.

My girlfriend is a vet tech and says that looks like parasites but it's hard to be sure from picture. You should bring that sample to a vet to have it tested to find out what it is exactly. They should be able to give an oral med for it if it is parasites

Those look like Cricket eggs and sometimes they don't digest.

Attachments

• Cricket eggs.jpg
    Cricket eggs.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 921
I was feeding my quad silk moths and she had a really weird poop full of round yellow circles. I thought she had worms, but then watched a silk moth lay eggs and realized that she digested the silk moth and not the eggs. Just some food for thought.:eek:

That is a horse dewormer, that would possibly kill him. If that is worms, it's a bad enough that you would probably need prescription strength dewormer from a vet. Plus you need to have a fecal analysis done to confirm that is the problem

Thank you for the responds!
I know it is horse dewormer, but I found that on LLLReptile, they say you just have to know the dosage.

They looked exactly like cricket eggs. These crickets lay egg for me all the time in everywhere...I've never seen this before in his fecal, but like I sad I didn't check his poop every time (if my husband comes home earlier he just flashes it down in the toilet.)
But to make sure I will get a dewormer from a vet. It can not hurt.
So ponders had the same experience... Hopefully just cricket eggs in my case as well.
What do you guys use cleaning the cage and branches?

Back
Top Bottom