Scaled Cham bubbler fountain

Well I am not a fan at all of water on the ground but....this is better than a shot glass with light shining on it. I will stay with my Mist King
I don't fully agree as this bowl will be exelent at collecting feeders and drown em which is also a very bad thing to have in a drinking source.

I don't fully agree as this bowl will be exelent at collecting feeders and drown em which is also a very bad thing to have in a drinking source
I'm confused. I said I was not a fan of either but the bowl with the bubbler, at least the chameleon could see moving water, was better than a shot glass with water in it.Feeders could get in either one.That's why I said I would stay with my Mist King

@Remkon what country do you live in? I’ve noticed that we tend to have a few communication issues with you, is English your first language?
Communication issues with me? And you think that's on me? IMPOSSIBLE!

I also wonder who 'we' are, I know @Decadancin is one but who takes a guy seriously that goes to work in a ballerina outfit... (he will possibly deny this)

But yes I'm not American, I'm Dutch..
But i still stand by my opinion that the bubbly thing is a worste creation than a shotglass as a shotglass is small and likely better to clean and will be cleaned/refilled more frequently because the water will evaporate faster... That doesn't make it a good way to hydrate, on that we can all agree.

How did this thread get turned around from a simple discussion to a fight between members? @Brad , or @Decadancin , can we lock this thread so it doesn't turn ugly?

I'm not fighting.

Who’s fighting?
We are, let's meet 4PM under the bridge, no weapons!
Rawr! (it's my battleroar)

I'm confused. I said I was not a fan of either but the bowl with the bubbler, at least the chameleon could see moving water, was better than a shot glass with water in it.Feeders could get in either one.That's why I said I would stay with my Mist King
Im not a fan of either either but I think a shotglass is a little less worse because it will need to be refilled frequently and is easier to clean.

We still friends right? :oops:

who takes a guy seriously that goes to work in a ballerina outfit...

Why wouldn't you take a guy seriously that goes to work in a ballerina outfit?

Ballet.gif

I have tons of fun at work, do you??? :p

:wideyed::( What is the deal? Just buy a mistking fill your bucket with ROI and mist. Holy crap people are gonna just be killing chams left and right because if your too lazy to water your animal properly then your not gonna be cleaning a fountain, bowl or bubbler. It’s so easy to do things the right way from the get go. Reasearch, buy the equipment, and have a healthy thriving animal period!!! I’d say these owners need to go drink from their own toilets and then decide if it’s a good idea to do that to any animal...excluding my dog she’s hopeless if the kids leave the lid up. I’m not trying to just bash the show or new keepers but we all did our research and did things properly. This is MY person view on this discussion is all so don’t get all emotional on me. I have 3 mistkings and that’s MY method.

I kept a pair of veileds together (early 90’s), and used a large bowl of water with an air stone in it. Yes, they did drink because they lived for a couple years, but I’m sure their hydration was sub-par. Back then, no one knew any better. I’m sure those two chams would have lived much longer had there been more information out there. I was going off articles from a few reptile magazines and the single book I could find on them. It sucks to see a nationally televised show push outdated info. It’s gonna make watching that show a little less enjoyable.

I kept a pair of veileds together (early 90’s), and used a large bowl of water with an air stone in it. Yes, they did drink because they lived for a couple years, but I’m sure their hydration was sub-par. Back then, no one knew any better. I’m sure those two chams would have lived much longer had there been more information out there. I was going off articles from a few reptile magazines and the single book I could find on them. It sucks to see a nationally televised show push outdated info. It’s gonna make watching that show a little less enjoyable.
I had the same experience; the first chameleon I had was a veiled a long, long time ago. I had no dripper but rather a plastic box with standing water at the bottom of his enclosure (I had 2 and would swap/clean every day or so). His enclosure also had a huge live plant, which I misted every morning. Oddly I never saw him drinking from the misting drops, but rather at the standing water. He ended up passing away at 8 years and 7 months from what I believe to have been cancer. I laugh sometimes when I see people say “standing water will kill your chameleon or whatever,” not because they’re wrong but because you have to be pretty damn careless to actually let standing water accumulate a bacterial gradient that will actually kill your chameleon, even if they poop in it. Obviously standing water had other inherent problems, but people seem to fixate on the idea that standing water = death sentence.

Disclaimer* before people start attacking me, I’m not defending standing water. I use mistkings now, have raised parsons successfully, and recognize that my first veiled may have been lucky surviving that long with standing water. That being said, I still think that cup with water, etc., if cleaned and managed properly, is better than nothing especially if your Cham is super dehydrated.

I had the same experience; the first chameleon I had was a veiled a long, long time ago. I had no dripper but rather a plastic box with standing water at the bottom of his enclosure (I had 2 and would swap/clean every day or so). His enclosure also had a huge live plant, which I misted every morning. Oddly I never saw him drinking from the misting drops, but rather at the standing water. He ended up passing away at 8 years and 7 months from what I believe to have been cancer. I laugh sometimes when I see people say “standing water will kill your chameleon or whatever,” not because they’re wrong but because you have to be pretty damn careless to actually let standing water accumulate a bacterial gradient that will actually kill your chameleon, even if they poop in it. Obviously standing water had other inherent problems, but people seem to fixate on the idea that standing water = death sentence.

Disclaimer* before people start attacking me, I’m not defending standing water. I use mistkings now, have raised parsons successfully, and recognize that my first veiled may have been lucky surviving that long with standing water. That being said, I still think that cup with water, etc., if cleaned and managed properly, is better than nothing especially if your Cham is super dehydrated.
I mean I guess you have a point but better than nothing still isn't "good"....

Back
Top Bottom