Scale?

I'm trying to look for a scale to weigh my panther chameleons, one of them is over 1ft long, I don't know where to start looking. Any recommendations or advice?

I'm trying to look for a scale to weigh my panther chameleons, one of them is over 1ft long, I don't know where to start looking. Any recommendations or advice?

Rather than trying to wrestle the cham onto the surface of the scale, it's easier to put a large but lightweight container on the scale (such as a tupperware container or similar), tare it, and then put the cham in the container. Provided you have accounted for the added weight of the vessel by taring it (or noting it down and subcontracting it later), that'll give you the weight of your cham.

ETA: Using this method, almost any scale that is accurate in grams should be fine. There are several inexpensive, digital food prep scales on Amazon that fit the bill.

Last edited:
Many will use a branch on a base (some grape vine works well here) so the chameleon will be able to sit on it when weighing is done. place the entire thing on scale, set Tare as mentioned and you're all set!

Back
Top Bottom