Saying Goodbye isn't easy....RIP Atticus

jpowell86

Chameleon Enthusiast
Unfortunately, Atticus had a mouth issue when I found him. You can see it slightly in the pictures below. My Vet treated him and I always stayed in contact with her about it and I really thought that we were past it. The day before yesterday, he became very weak and lethargic. I took him to my Vet right away. I had to leave him with her which was not easy, but for the best. She called almost every two hours with updates, but unfortunately she did not give good news this morning. There was an underlying infection that did not show any outward signs of spreading and she said that the outcome was going to be bad. She said we could try treatment, but that it would be so hard on his system that the treatment alone could kill him. I had to make the hard but necessary decision to euthanize him. At that point, I just wanted him to go peacefully. He had been such a fighter from the beginning and I didn't want to make the decision for him to have to go through more. 17 years I have been in the herpetological world and never have I had the pleasure of keeping such a docile and amazing cham. I am going to miss Atticus like crazy.
IMAG0376.jpg
IMAG0391_1.jpg

IMAG0396.jpg

That's too bad. He's a very cool looking guy. You made the right decision, although it was hard. RIP, Atticus.

Wow, what a cool looking cham. I'm so sorry for your loss. They become part of our family and it's so hard to let them go. You did the right thing by putting him at peace. RIP Atticus

A Thousand words won't bring him(Atticus) back;
I know because you've tried.
Neither will a Thousand tears;
I know because I've cried....
300x300.jpg

I need to check the memorium page more often. So sorry for your loss. I have had two of mine euthanized and as tough as it was, I knew at the time it was the right decision. I know my chameleons would have thanked me for my compassion if they could, and I am sure Atticus would do the same. RIP

I need to check the memorium page more often. So sorry for your loss. I have had two of mine euthanized and as tough as it was, I knew at the time it was the right decision. I know my chameleons would have thanked me for my compassion if they could, and I am sure Atticus would do the same. RIP

Thank you Carol, it was terrible losing him. I appreciate the kind words.

Back
Top Bottom