Say hello to my new baby, little foot!

She is a jacksons, I expect she's going to be rather giant.

Attachments

• 20211006_145317.jpg
    20211006_145317.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 57
Is she wild caught? Gravid?
She's a beauty!
From my understanding they buy their chams from breeders (usually). I've had to hold her a few times while getting her preliminary setup done (which is still insufficient) and she hasn't pushed her glular pouch out or reeled at me, her behavior is similar to my panther so I'd think she's captive and has been since hatching.

I don't know if all Jacksons chameleons do live births or not so I am unfamiliar with their more traditional colorations. They estimated her at about 3 months and I agree, she's too young for a clutch at this point.

My biggest concern with her at this time is she is eye closing a lot. She may just be a little sleepy.

I can't speak to her care up to this point, perhaps she needs water.

She is alert under her lights but she sleeps in my hands, that may be stress yeah?

Sparse on the shrubbery until I can come across some more live pothos or another money tree. The money tree I have in my panther chameleons cage is starting to get huge and pretty bushy, I also want to check out some larger trees with thicker foliage. I also need to do her setup like I do my other chams, but I slapped this together in the meantime, hoping she'll find sleeping in the pothos or the coverage of the pothos snjoyable enough for now.
20211006_174139.jpg

To live on the same planet as these animals is such a gift from God, keeping them has been a pleasure and a treasure and I look forward to getting other exotic species of chams in the future. My experience up to this point has been nothing less than therapeutic. If there's anyone who's on the fence about getting one, take the dive!
It’s crazy how God created such a perfect earth every thing is done to the point and everything is beautiful in its own way especially chameleons

It’s crazy how God created such a perfect earth every thing is done to the point and everything is beautiful in its own way especially chameleons
For many people across the world the last couple of years have been dark times. It's important to stop and relish the gifts we've been given because we're never guaranteed a tomorrow. Go outside, take a hike, sniff the fresh air, roll down your windows and go for a country drive! It's in your DNA! To be able to love and care for something unable to reciprocate that and admire its beauty is a gift you should cherish because it's not one everyone has! I love keeping chameleons but most of all I love nature and all of its beauty.

I feel like keeping exotics really encompasses art in all of its forms, from creativity in keeping, engineering and ingenuity, to the deeper questions in life, like what meaning if any is there to all the beauty we've been given, it's what keeps me coming back for more. If your life lacks a little purpose or direction - seek it out! I found a lot of purpose in keeping care of something entirely dependent on me, and being able to reap the reward of admiring them in a habitat where they feel comfortable gives you a level of wisdom you can't get anywhere else but through experience.

It's certainly not for those unwilling to learn about their animals, but if you are capable of having a symbiotic relationship with a beautiful little creature like a chameleon, they will certainly give you what you seek! There's no better treasure than knowing such a small beautiful thing appreciates everything you do!

For many people across the world the last couple of years have been dark times. It's important to stop and relish the gifts we've been given because we're never guaranteed a tomorrow. Go outside, take a hike, sniff the fresh air, roll down your windows and go for a country drive! It's in your DNA! To be able to love and care for something unable to reciprocate that and admire its beauty is a gift you should cherish because it's not one everyone has! I love keeping chameleons but most of all I love nature and all of its beauty.

I feel like keeping exotics really encompasses art in all of its forms, from creativity in keeping, engineering and ingenuity, to the deeper questions in life, like what meaning if any is there to all the beauty we've been given, it's what keeps me coming back for more. If your life lacks a little purpose or direction - seek it out! I found a lot of purpose in keeping care of something entirely dependent on me, and being able to reap the reward of admiring them in a habitat where they feel comfortable gives you a level of wisdom you can't get anywhere else but through experience.

It's certainly not for those unwilling to learn about their animals, but if you are capable of having a symbiotic relationship with a beautiful little creature like a chameleon, they will certainly give you what you seek! There's no better treasure than knowing such a small beautiful thing appreciates everything you do!
So true! God has given us such a beautiful world! Learning about animals opens my mind to more amazing things God has created too

Back
Top Bottom