San Diego Reptile Super Show

Wowbango

Established Member
Just curious if anyone is making it out to the show this weekend. I, along with my girlfriend and son will be our attending our first one! We'll be there Saturday morning and we're Very excited! I've always been interested in reptiles since I was a kid, but my mom was terrified so never let me have one. So now, I'm like a kid again and loving it! I have a feeling my first Chameleon is just the start of a long...EXPENSIVE....obsession. Haha!

As there seems to be a silkworm shortage, you should make a thread asking people close to you, to group buy some silkies. They seem to always be at the expos.

As there seems to be a silkworm shortage, you should make a thread asking people close to you, to group buy some silkies. They seem to always be at the expos.

I thought about this. And I checked with coastalsilkworms to see if they would be there and they said they will not since they do not have any in stock. :( I checked with another vendor and they haven't responded. Hopefully someone shows!

I'll definitely be going! I'm only about 35-40 minutes away :D

Cool, you in North County or where? I'm in the San Marcos North County Area.

Wont be making this one but we will hopefully be driving down for the one in LA. Any difference in both shows or are they basically the same thing?

I'm not going to make it this year, but will be in the area 8/3 - 8/6. I'll be going to the Sacramento show in Sept.: http://sacreptileshow.com/ Anyone planning on going to that one? Looking forward to some great pics of the event this year.

Well I went to the show (pouring Rain outside....San Diego in July...what gives?) It was INCREDIBLY PACKED. It was very hard to walk among the crowd, especially with a 6 year old. I did notice it was VERY Snake heavy. 4 out of every 5 vendors were completely dedicated to snakes. I only saw about 3 vendors that had Chameleons. One of the vendors had multiple chams (I'd guess between 5-7 months old) in one enclosure and they were all BLACK and stressed...poor little guys! I was very surprised by this.

One of the other vendors was Kammerflage Kreations. Boy do they definitely deserve the reputation they have...their little guys were GORGEOUS! SO vibrant and super active. I was helped by Mr. Kammer's daughter. Not only is she a gorgeous woman, but extremely friendly and informative! She took the time to speak with me and my girlfriend, answer so many of our questions and even flirted back with my 6 year old...haha. They're definitely on my list of people to get my Ambanja from!

I've heard the Pomona show is much bigger and nicer, so I'll definitely have to make it out to that one since it's not too much of a drive for me here in San Diego.

Well I went to the show (pouring Rain outside....San Diego in July...what gives?) It was INCREDIBLY PACKED. It was very hard to walk among the crowd, especially with a 6 year old. I did notice it was VERY Snake heavy. 4 out of every 5 vendors were completely dedicated to snakes. I only saw about 3 vendors that had Chameleons. One of the vendors had multiple chams (I'd guess between 5-7 months old) in one enclosure and they were all BLACK and stressed...poor little guys! I was very surprised by this.

One of the other vendors was Kammerflage Kreations. Boy do they definitely deserve the reputation they have...their little guys were GORGEOUS! SO vibrant and super active. I was helped by Mr. Kammer's daughter. Not only is she a gorgeous woman, but extremely friendly and informative! She took the time to speak with me and my girlfriend, answer so many of our questions and even flirted back with my 6 year old...haha. They're definitely on my list of people to get my Ambanja from!

I've heard the Pomona show is much bigger and nicer, so I'll definitely have to make it out to that one since it's not too much of a drive for me here in San Diego.

Reptiles shows always have sections that I want go in because of the sick or dead animals and they always have tons of snakes. Did you not see Amazing Blue? My vet friend from Orlando was there hanging with his friends the Nozakis's and they always have amazing chameleons. They are small time breeders that put allot of love and care into their chameleons. I've never been to Pomona but my vet friend goes and he says it's way more crowded that San Diego. :D

Reptiles shows always have sections that I want go in because of the sick or dead animals and they always have tons of snakes. Did you not see Amazing Blue? My vet friend from Orlando was there hanging with his friends the Nozakis's and they always have amazing chameleons. They are small time breeders that put allot of love and care into their chameleons. I've never been to Pomona but my vet friend goes and he says it's way more crowded that San Diego. :D

Amazing blue was there yes, they did have some nice ones as well. The vendor in question was one called "Nice Chams." They all looked so miserable and dark and crowded in little 16x16x20 Cages, with just UVB bulbs, no heat lamps. I felt so bad for them and had to walk away immediately. ( I had to check the sponsor list to make sure they weren't there before I dished some dirt...). From what I can tell, the Pomona one is at least twice as big, which probably draws twice the crowd. I made the mistake on going Saturday morning when it first opened to make sure I didn't miss any cool animals/stuff and risk it being sold on Sunday. I think I'll go Sunday next time. :D

Back
Top Bottom