Sambava and what to expect

Tonyww93

Established Member
So this up coming week ill be picking up a juvenile male sambava 6.5 month old. Excited to have some different colors in my collection going on! Just curious on what to expect🤔 will he be super grumpy like my veileds? Plus any tips on having them is very helpful😊

I got mine at 6 months. Was a butt head for about 4 months. Wasn't used to hands. So if he same way take you time. Don't force to do anything. Mine still won't eat out of hand but walks up on hand on own now. Doesn't head butt any more. Still hiss once in awhile if my hand higher then him. For him I always have to go in low with hand. Named him Bam because he was a head butter. But he my 2nd favorite and most colorful one I have

I got mine at 6 months. Was a butt head for about 4 months. Wasn't used to hands. So if he same way take you time. Don't force to do anything. Mine still won't eat out of hand but walks up on hand on own now. Doesn't head butt any more. Still hiss once in awhile if my hand higher then him. For him I always have to go in low with hand. Named him Bam because he was a head butter. But he my 2nd favorite and most colorful one I have
Lol never had my veileds try to head but but they definitely arent afraid to bite😑 when i go to hold them i cant have my fingers showing or they hiss and lundge but yet can hand feed without any problem. I usually go in with a closed fist so he can climb on my arm if im cleaning his cage and ive had him as a baby working on 8 or 9 months right now. So im hoping this sambava will be a little bit more friendly and if not atleast i know he will look good when he bites😂😆😑

My veiled is a sweet heart. Never hisses or bite. Used to always walk up on hand. But now he still does but not as much. But will let me pick up when ever I want. He almost my friendliest chameleon I have. Guess I got lucky with that

Super lucky on getting a nice one! My lady isnt that temperamental but the male is like a toddler😆 when he gets out of his cage hes just fine but getting him out is the risky part lol. But im getting the sam from someone on this site

My sambavas are probably my sweetest and "tame" ones I have. They are also my biggest ones. Same goes for eggs, they dwarf my ambilobes. Leif is my first sambava, he's 3 yrs old. He loves being out exploring, although he has a huge semi open enclosure, it just can't get big enough for him

Attachments

• 20221212_012107.jpg
    20221212_012107.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 20221212_011755.jpg
    20221212_011755.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom