Saggy Skin?

froggielog

Established Member
Hello, Hope everyone is staying warm on this crazy winter day (at least in texas) :D

I'm concered with Oliver, becasue he seems to have some saggy skin, I dont know if he isnt eating enough, or is this a pre-cursor to shedding? Any advice would be well appreciated! Thank you :)

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 716
more pics from now

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 370
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 345
  • phqoto.JPG
    phqoto.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 272
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 262
Take this for what it is, just a suggestion...

Could he be mildly dehydrated? I wonder because saggy skin that does not "snap back" into place after being pinched is a classic sign of dehydration in many animals. Maybe give him some extra long showers and mistings over the next few days and see if that helps at all with the skin sags?

I love Oliver! I am always happy to see pictures of him!!

He looks really good. The only thing I am aware of that causes wrinkle skin is dehydration like Lathis said.

Okay I put him in the shower today and he was not happy....first time....and he didnt drink anything. I will try again later. He is shedding now in those parts I was concerned about...is that a good sign? I will continue to try and hydrate him more now nonetheless. :) Thank you

Do his droppings look nice and white? If so, keep him hydrated. I don't think it's anything to freak out about, just keep an eye on his hydration.

Look at those greens! I hope he's feeling better, I've been offering more water to him and I think he's okay. I thought adults werent supposed to have full body shed any more? Is he not full grown :confused:

Attachments

• hehe.jpg
    hehe.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 521
Look at those greens! I hope he's feeling better, I've been offering more water to him and I think he's okay. I thought adults werent supposed to have full body shed any more? Is he not full grown :confused:

FIrst- how old is he?

Second- My veiled will be 3 in february, and he just went through afull body shed.

they dont do it often, but adults can still do a full body shed.

He's almost 2. I still think he's on the small side. I didn't know that, that's interesting and it makes me feel better.:D

Back
Top Bottom