Saggy/ baggy eyes

Tbeamiss

Hi there I have some concerns about my chameleons eyes. His eyes seem to be sagging or baggy I'm worried about him, he's totally normal it's just recently I have noticed this issue.

Male
2 years old
Large repti breeze
Basking Temps 75%
Uvb t5
Poos are normal
And isn't dehydrated he drinks every day.

What can i do? I need some advice
20220113_143530.jpg
20220113_143524.jpg
20220113_143901.jpg

Can you tell me what supplements your using and how often... Also I need a picture of him straight on looking down towards his casque. I need to see how much weight he is holding in it.

Can you tell me what supplements your using and how often... Also I need a picture of him straight on looking down towards his casque. I need to see how much weight he is holding in it.
Well the breeder told me to use calcium once a week without D3, then nutribal twice a week. So i use caluim monday then nutribal thursday and Saturday.
20220113_183850.jpg
20220113_183857.jpg
20220113_183930.jpg

Ok so he is not looking overweight but you are overdosing on supplements. Nutrobal has D3 and vitamin A both should only be given 2 times a month. So say the 1st and the 15th. Then all other feedings you will use a phosphorus free calcium without D3.

I would not give him the Nutrobal for at least 4 weeks so that it can clear his tissues. These vitamins store in the tissues which becomes toxic.

Im unsure what it is but I can tell you my veiled has had that issue for a little bit now. It started with saggy/baggy eyes as you described and with time they began swelling and producing crust/goop.. She's seeing the vet tomorrow for a diagnosis but if you or anyone in this thread happens to get any ideas I'd love to hear

Im unsure what it is but I can tell you my veiled has had that issue for a little bit now. It started with saggy/baggy eyes as you described and with time they began swelling and producing crust/goop.. She's seeing the vet tomorrow for a diagnosis but if you or anyone in this thread happens to get any ideas I'd love to hear
IT CAN BE FROM MANY THINGS... You need to post a thread of your own. Their issue is more then likely overdosing the cham on D3 and A. This can cause the issues they are seeing in the eyes.

IT CAN BE FROM MANY THINGS... You need to post a thread of your own. Their issue is more then likely overdosing the cham on D3 and A. This can cause the issues they are seeing in the eyes.
Thank you. I understand.. I have a thread of my own for my girl just figured it couldn't hurt to reach out to anyone I can for help

Ok so he is not looking overweight but you are overdosing on supplements. Nutrobal has D3 and vitamin A both should only be given 2 times a month. So say the 1st and the 15th. Then all other feedings you will use a phosphorus free calcium without D3.

I would not give him the Nutrobal for at least 4 weeks so that it can clear his tissues. These vitamins store in the tissues which becomes toxic.
Thank you so much!! I will do that from now on. You've been so helpful really appreciate your help

Thank you so much!! I will do that from now on. You've been so helpful really appreciate your help
Your welcome. Now there could be a secondary issue causing it but this is where I would start. Make sure the rest of your husbandry is spot on. If the eyes are from the over supplementation they will slowly go back to normal. This can take weeks. If they get worse we are looking at the possibility of a sinus issue. That would mean a vet trip with a vet that actually knows chams.

Here is a link to a husbandry program https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Back
Top Bottom