Safety net?

TimothyOnTop

Established Member
I built a free range area for my 7 month old jacksonfs chameleon it is 7 feet of the ground my question is should i have a net underneath play area to catch him in case he falls?

IMG_20200901_223650.jpg

That is awesome your cham is going to LOVE it but as the net I would put something just to be safe but thats just me being worrier in the wild they do climb pretty high trees

Yes it's bamboo but it's not smooth at all it has very deep grain it feels almost like sand paper like one of those fake bendy vines i grew it at my house I grew it specifically for reptile projects i must have gotten lucky and got a weird variation of bamboo

That is awesome your cham is going to LOVE it but as the net I would put something just to be safe but thats just me being worrier in the wild they do climb pretty high trees
Yes I am a worrier too ? i think I'm going to put one of the clear nets under it just in case ?

Will go back in his enclosure tho? Chams don't really like going down. I have a free-range similar to yours that goes thru the whole living room and kitchen from window to window, and there is a small drop. He ALWAYS stops right at that drop because he doesnt want to lose any altitude, if that makes sense.

Will go back in his enclosure tho? Chams don't really like going down. I have a free-range similar to yours that goes thru the whole living room and kitchen from window to window, and there is a small drop. He ALWAYS stops right at that drop because he doesnt want to lose any altitude, if that makes sense.
He was in and out of his cage 3 or 4 times i seen today he went in to bask and was just wondering around exploring it is very cool to watch

He was in and out of his cage 3 or 4 times i seen today he went in to bask and was just wondering around exploring it is very cool to watch
Nice! I'm glas your cham is willing to go downard, i might do something similar too! I am currently a tenant, so no holes in the walls though... might be a little complicated.

Back
Top Bottom