safe soils???

DkRhodes

can anyone recommend a safe soil.I cant find SuperSoil anywhere .I see
bags of soil claiming organic but, it's usually sold by Miracle Grow which i
have a hard time believing it's all organic.Please Anyone???

sick!............the mods had time to move this Thread but, no one could
find the time to help me with an answer ............killer.............:(

I would love to help but don't know what to recommend to you other than Supersoil.
You could create your own by mixing peat, sand and topsoil (all safe)
I would sift it to make sure that no large pieces are in the mix.

-Brad

brad ,thanks , i think i will try that.I appreciate the help.

Fidel, yeah man ,I found this "supersoil" website and it says it's available
in all Lowe's .Probably one near you but, i'd have to drive into Va. Beach.

i was just wondering if peat moss ,Humus , Compost, Perlite and sand was a good mixture for a bedding for my chameleon ?? It's all organic a professional mixture.... the makers of it is Premium Nature Mix ( Hortibec) .. Is this ok for her to lay eggs in??? Any infor asap would be great.

The only time you'll need substrate is for egg laying. I'm guessing that supersoil is for the plants, but as long as you wash it out well, any soil without the little styrofoam beads in it will be fine.

I stack river stones on top of the exposed dirt in the planter so my chams can't get at it anyway.

For egg laying, some use damp sand (me) and some use a peat/sand mix.

ok so if i make sure there is no white beads lol in it an rinse it out good.. this will be ok for her?? I have had her for about a year now an she has not laid any eggs which kinda worries me... the soil i want to use for her is , Peat moss..Mumus....Compost...Perlite and sand. this should be good then right?

We haven't found any supersoil by us either. We use the MiracleGrow Organic in all of our plants. Make sure to pull out any large chunks so they will not be ingested.

Ingredients are as follows:

50-55% composted bark
Sphagnum peat moss
Pasteurized poultry litter
And an organic wetting agent

Hope this helps

Jenn, are you talking about dirt for the plants or something for an egg laying chamber?

You can also use reptisoil as well. It’s reptile safe and works well with plants. I have used it in my pothos and umbrella plant without any problems. You can find this online or at PetSmart for pretty cheap. I would recommend putting some river stone at the bottom of your pot for added drainage. Then the potting mix next, and then bigger river stones on top of the soil so the chameleon won’t eat any of the dirt just in case it decides to hunt in the plant.

Back
Top Bottom