Safe plants for a Nosy Be?

Chammy007

Established Member
Hello. I have four ficus plants. I’m planning on adding some floor plants as well. What plants would you suggest for a Nosy Be chameleon? Thanks

Thanks much. I’ve actually seen this
pic before. Are there more safe plants out there or just the sixteen In the photo?
There’s 32 plants mentioned as safe. Usually one needs to look at what makes the plant toxic. For example, pothos is actually considered toxic to pets because it containes oxalates which can be irritating to the GI tract if eaten. Veileds are always eating it with no signs of irritation. Oxalates can also be known to bind to calcium, however the ones in the plants are already bound and so that isn’t a concern. Philodendron is very similar in its toxicity, so can also be considered (veiled) safe and I’ve been using it with no problems.
To increase the plant options, there are some with different variations. Tradescantia has several varieties for example. Dracaena has multiple different types. Searching thru the forum for whatever plant you are thinking about should also help.

Back
Top Bottom