safe plant list

tdismang

I was browsing veiledchameleon.com website and found a safe plant list. It contains a lot of plants that I don't see in the database here. Is anyone willing to check it out and see how accurate it is?

Last edited by a moderator:
where on the site do i find the list? I have been running a garden center for 10 years now, I know a bit about plants. Not an expert though

The list looks good.
If your veiled is prone to eating plants, I would choose from those lists, ones that are more nutritious. (hibiscus, passion flower, nasturtium and any other one that humans eat)
That way he will get some benefit to eating it.
Just cause it's not toxic, doesn't mean it's beneficial to their health

If your cham is like mine, and not really interested in much plant life, than pick whatever you want!

The list looks good.
If your veiled is prone to eating plants, I would choose from those lists, ones that are more nutritious. (hibiscus, passion flower, nasturtium and any other one that humans eat)

If your cham is like mine, and not really interested in much plant life, than pick whatever you want!

When you say Passion Flower is that the same as Passion Vine. Just double checking because I want to put a Passion Vine in Rebels new enclosure that I am building this summer. I already have two Hibiscus in his enclosure and I have seen little V shaped holes in the leaves so Im pretty sure he eats them. I just want to make sure I don't put anything in his enclosure that would make him sick...:confused:

The list looks good.

Jake could care less about vegetation. All he wants is insects! Crickets and superworms! I should be getting my hornworms in today, so I can't wait to see how he likes those. Silkworm eggs are on their way too, that's going to be fun! I love rearing moths!

When you say Passion Flower is that the same as Passion Vine. Just double checking because I want to put a Passion Vine in Rebels new enclosure that I am building this summer. I already have two Hibiscus in his enclosure and I have seen little V shaped holes in the leaves so Im pretty sure he eats them. I just want to make sure I don't put anything in his enclosure that would make him sick...:confused:

If you know the scientific name that could help answer your question. A lot of plants have multiple names. I have golden pothos, petunia, geranium, sweet alyssum, and wax begonia. Again, he cares nothing for them except to climb on :p

Back
Top Bottom