safe or not

kristy

I know there is a master list of safe plants, but silly me threw out the information stake. I was just curious as I already own these and know they haven't been chemically treated and etc. I'm replacing my June's fake plants with real and was trying to see if I could put either of these to use. One of them has a stake which says dieffenbachia it's the lighter plants name. Anyone have a clue what the darker plants name is and if it's safe?Thanks 20141013_140606-2.jpg

The darker plant looks like a maranta (prayer plant), and the lighter is a dieffenbachia. The dieffenbachia is definitely a "no" because of the potential for eye, skin, and mouth irritation due to the sap. I think the maranta is okay.

Thank you very much. You were absolutely correct. I goggled the Images of a prayer plant and that's what it is.

The dieffenbachia is a man made hybrid called a camouflage dieffenbachia.They have toxic sap and should not be with your chameleon ever.I have a prayer plant (plant with red veins) in my tank and she loves to munch on it.They are pet safe and if you mist it enough it will grow flowers!Hope I helped!;)

Back
Top Bottom