Safe household cleansers

Christine728

Hi guys, my boyfriend brought up a good question and I figured if anyone would have the answer, it would be one of you on here. When it comes to cleaning the room my panter cham is in (or the rest of the house), are their any specific products or chemicals I need to stay away from? What's a safe distance from the enclosure for a scented candle or room spray? And for mopping the floors and stuff... None of these are for the enclosure itself, or the desk it is on, anything that close of contact would be diluted vinegar and water, but I was curious how far I need to be to safely use other cleansers?

If its bird safe, its reptile safe.

scented candles and deodorizers are a no no in the room. Im sure you see lots of threads by now of URI (upper respiratory infection), and thats without cleaners. Generally if you can smell it by the cham cage, its too harsh of a chemical to use in a closed up house.

If its bird safe, its reptile safe.

scented candles and deodorizers are a no no in the room. Im sure you see lots of threads by now of URI (upper respiratory infection), and thats without cleaners. Generally if you can smell it by the cham cage, its too harsh of a chemical to use in a closed up house.

Had to have this conversation with my wife yesterday. She sprays the whole bathroom with her perfume then walks through it... I could taste it in the room the chams in... she currently hates the chameleon lol. He hates her too so it's a mutual hate atleast.

Had to have this conversation with my wife yesterday. She sprays the whole bathroom with her perfume then walks through it... I could taste it in the room the chams in... she currently hates the chameleon lol. He hates her too so it's a mutual hate atleast.
My little guy is in my dining room, but it's open concept to the kitchen and living room. Thankfully he's no where close to our bathroom that I also spray and walk into as well

My little guy is in my dining room, but it's open concept to the kitchen and living room. Thankfully he's no where close to our bathroom that I also spray and walk into as well
There are well recorded instances of pets, mainly birds, dying from airborne contaminants, especially from fried foods when kept in or near kitchens. Maybe something to bear in mind.

There are well recorded instances of pets, mainly birds, dying from airborne contaminants, especially from fried foods when kept in or near kitchens. Maybe something to bear in mind.
Good to know... I don't usually cook anything that's real thick in the air like that, but if I do, I'll make sure to move him into another room until the air clears up.

Birds have a big problem with overheated teflon pans. Never leave an empty teflon pan on heat unattended. The smoke will kill birds and probably reptiles as well. Their lungs are not as sophisticated as ours.
Here is some info on the cage cleaners I feel safe using it may shed some light on things to clean with in your house. cage-cleaning-•-sanitation-its-sexier-than-you-think-part-1 and cage-cleaning-•-sanitation-its-sexier-than-you-think-part-2-weekly-cleaning.
To answer the OP's question more directly, I avoid spraying any aerosols in the chameleon room and clean with a treated cloth. I use lemon oil on the wood furniture occasionally and a basic hardwood floor cleaner, so far so good. When I clean the bathrooms I close the door and run the fan and open the window. I think this should help with perfume as well.

My husband hates my chameleons as well but he knows who I will pick if he makes me. Larrbear has my heat,Imelda she’s an obligation

Back
Top Bottom