sad

Yeah he's actually been posted on there three times total. I honestly can't stand even looking at the pictures...poor guy I hate to see that

I hate looking at this kind of thing. I have rescued several chams off of my local craigslist...they are most often the result of an impulse purchase at Petsmart and an owner who has no idea (nor cares) about what they are doing.

I agree the one in first post looks 'rough', but to be fair, its hard to tell much from the pics, they dont enlarge. It might've been in shed? when the pics were taken?
I know my little guy looks awful in shed, but once done hes a picture of perfect health, nice and bright, plump ,alert etc.
I cant tell if its underweight or dehydrated as the pics arnt close enough.
Has anyone seen it first hand? spoken to the guy?

Just curious.

re: the second one, yes, way too small and unsuitable a cage. I had my 3week old in the same type cage (minus the foam rock etc) for the first two weeks till I built his current cage. He did quite well in there. I was advised to keep him in an open tub the size of a loaf of bread for the first 2 months or he'd die!!!
Ofcourse I said 'Sure, ok' and took him home and setup the exo-terra, and started planning a cage. It worked out ok, since he started eating well and climbing to thermoregulate etc straight away. But humidity etc were difficult to control and I messed around with lots of stuff trying to get it perfect before I finshed the cage.
So at 5 weeks old after his first shed in my care, he went straight into his current cage and loved it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom