sad week at my house

Tandra Lee

well my only pygmy has passed away :( he died a few days ago....i noticed he wasnt his usual self,wasnt hunting like he normally did and seemed sluggish,i thaught ok..he is going to shed again but when i went to mist his house the next morning i didnt see him...so i kept misting and finally i just had to know where he was so i pulled back some of his plants and there he was,lying onhis side with his eyes open,i picked him up gently and he moved his eyes to look at me and then that was it...he passed away in my hands...i know its just a pygmy chameleon as friends have said...but to me he was my first and he was my "baby" as i named him....i will miss him forever and love him always....i couldnt even remove his house fr my living room for a few days...finally i had to yesterday,so its all been cleaned out and disinfected(dont think i will be putting another one in there) and moved to a room i dont use.i am sitting here crying my eyes out as i write this,i miss his little tiny everything..little mits,little legs,little eyes,little chamy lips and even his tiny crickets for God sakes....ugh i just feel so sad....i am happy that i still have my two big veilds but they are not the same as he was...my other half knows how sad i am and is understanding as i always feel bad when even a bug gets stepped on..i save everything..bees ,wasps,slugs,worms..you name it..they all have a right to be here...i hope i feel better soon..my heart is broken...R.I.P my little man.. mommy will never forget you and i will always remember the millions of smiles i had each time i looked at you..

How sad... I'm so sorry you lost your little guy and I too know how you feel. I have cried my eyes out every time I lost a pet.

I am so sorry for your loss. All life is precious, and it is sad when anything dies (yes, even bugs). With time your heart will heal. RIP little pygmy.

thanks prettyinink..ya its sad when we lose anything we love,will take some time getting over him,if i ever do...

It is very hard on us that love all creatures when one leaves us. It's worse when people say stupid things like its just a lizard. I know you are sad and will be for a long time, but think of all that Baby has taught you. All they joy and excitment he gave to you and know he will be with you forever in your heart. His life had true meaning for you.

I am very sorry for your loss. These little guys seem to have away of just getting a big chunk of our hearts and when they pass it is like losing a family member/bestfriend. If only they lived longer ):

It takes a fellow cham keeper to understand.
Having just lost my Snowflake, a female Jackson's, I can attest to the fact that, even though they are "just a lizard" to most others, we cham keepers grow to love them as much as any other pet.
I'm not ashamed to admit that, being a caring and sensitive person, I've shed many tears over her passing.
So sorry for your loss.
May your heart mend soon.

thank you all for your very kind words,its been a week almost now and everytime i see his vivarium i want to cry...when i look into the corner of my living room where he used to be it just looks so empty,its beautiful outside right now and i always took him out first before the others to enjoy an hr of sunlight but now....i cant.its amazing when i think how much of my day he consumed considering how tiny he was.i was happy just to sit and watch him do absolutely nothing lol..but he made me smile while he was doing it.i have to say i did learn alot from that little man and i am thankful for the time i had with him and for all the millions of smiles he gave to me..thanks again everyone.

I'm sorry that's he's gone. Overthe years I have lost a few pygmies due to old age. Those were my WC's!!! Still saddening evertime!!!

Back
Top Bottom