Sad Two Days

laurie

Retired Moderator
The last couple days have been awful. Yesterday I lost the only quad to make it out of a clutch that never should have hatched. But one tiny baby did hatch, and it died for no reason I could tell. I got home a little while ago and starting checking the chams. Second cage, I found my male hoehnelii, with his tongue stuck on a branch across his cage. I know I could not have prevented either death, but it still hurts. Not crying but really close. I have fallen in love with my hoehnelii, it hurts to know the tiny male is gone. Clyde had not been growing like Bonnie has. She is 11 grams and Clyde was only 6 grams. Since his tongue was stuck, I see no reason to think his death was related to his small size.:(

Laurie, I am sooo sorry that you lost your little chams. I know how much it hurts! You gave them the best care possible and I'm sure there is nothing you could have done to prevent it. Sometimes strange things happen and it's out of our hands :(

Laurie, I am sooo sorry that you lost your little chams. I know how much it hurts! You gave them the best care possible and I'm sure there is nothing you could have done to prevent it. Sometimes strange things happen and it's out of our hands :(

Thanks, that is the only part I can live with, there was nothing I could have done to prevent it, except be home and see the tongue problem. That might not even have helped.

Laurie, so very sorry for your losses. I know how hard it is losing a chameleon...especially when there is nothing we could have done about it or we don't know why it died. I know they were in good hands while they were with you and that they will remain in your heart forever.
Hugs, Lynda

Laurie, so very sorry for your losses. I know how hard it is losing a chameleon...especially when there is nothing we could have done about it or we don't know why it died. I know they were in good hands while they were with you and that they will remain in your heart forever.
Hugs, Lynda

Hi Lynda, it has been a while, hope all is well with you.
You know how hard it take losing one, but losing 2, and both so unexpected, is awful. I am not sure I didn't know the tiny quad would not make it. Everyday when I checked her, I expected her to be dead, guess i knew it was coming. But I sure loved both of them while they shared their lives with me.

Laurie - I'm so sorry for your losses in such a short span of time. Just think about how long you had the little one in your life that you didn't expect to make it, and cherish those memories. On behalf of all the keepers on here who have benefited from your wisdom and guidance, our hearts go out to you.

So sorry to hear you lost not one, but two. I am sure they lived the best life they could with you, even though it may have been too short. RIP little ones.

Laurie - I'm so sorry for your losses in such a short span of time. Just think about how long you had the little one in your life that you didn't expect to make it, and cherish those memories. On behalf of all the keepers on here who have benefited from your wisdom and guidance, our hearts go out to you.

Thank you, it is still hard to come back and talk about them, but the caring from my friends, has been wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom