Rusty ReptiBreeze

GoodKarma19

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi chamily! I need your expertise. While I was cleaning up Lily's old ReptiBreeze in preparation to convert it to bioactive, I noticed considerable rusting on the bottom 1/3 around the seams and mesh. I neglected to take any pictures, as I was in "fix it" mode and immediately went to lightly sand affected areas down after intensive scrubbing failed. Oops? :oops: Probably should have asked before I went and did! Ah well.

What kind of paint would be best for touching up a scuffed up ReptiBreeze and prevent it from rusting in a bioactive environment? Ideally, I'd like to keep to a satin or matte black. A spray of some sort may be convenient.

Thoughts?

@Brodybreaux25, you're good at this sort of thing. Any recommendations?

If you are a masochist you could just replace the mesh with aluminum screen, it only requires a good set of scissors and a $4 window screen tool. But its a bit of a nack to learn, as if its too tight it will distort the frame, and if its too lose you will lese pretension and the cage may get floppy.

Performix 11203 Plasti Dip Black Multi-Purpose Rubber Coating Aerosol - 11 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006SU3QW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_p0bLDb37W9X3F

Thanks Brody - i figured you'd know what's up! :D I'll see I if i can find something equivalent around here.

If you are a masochist you could just replace the mesh with aluminum screen, it only requires a good set of scissors and a $4 window screen tool. But its a bit of a nack to learn, as if its too tight it will distort the frame, and if its too lose you will lese pretension and the cage may get floppy.

Let's be honest, here - I'm more than masochistic enough to do that! :LOL: It has a few tears in the screen, anyway... I honestly might as well! Obviously I'd need to disassemble the cage to do so, but if I'm repainting it I may as well do it right.

Back
Top Bottom