Running out of choices

Perceus

I have fed my Chameleon hornworms, waxworms, superworms, dubias, butterflies, fruit flies and all he ever wants to eat is crickets...UGH. He might not be bored of them but I am!;) What else can i try? Plus is there any way i can cup feed my crickets without them jumping out? Is pulling off their legs the only way? Im worried that he is not eating what i am putting in there. Percy is definitely a lounge lizard...he doesnt eat right away and i can just stand there all day and wait. Any suggestions??

Oh wow...ok....So i need a big jug and some vines that he can cruise by on ....kind of like window shopping! :p

If you have access to something like this, go to a really wild field/area (somewhere pesticide free away from people) and go round up some wild bugs with a butterfly net from a dollar store. Find things like grasshoppers and mantis, it will spice up things for both of you and give you something fun to do once in a while.

Try to stick to things that you can identify, like grasshoppers (but not luggers) and the like. There was a recent thread about feeding wild caught insects that has some useful info.

I live in a small area by a creek and lake, pesticide free. I take my senegal outside with me all the time for little hunting trips. Usually she just hangs out on my hand or arm and we explore bushes and such. She seems to love house flies for some reason (yuck), fruit flies, and sometimes she even tries to go after those huge goliath crickets, which are half her size. Fearless. :)
But anyway, its a great way to spice things up in their diet plus giving them time out in natural sunlight.

My dude is the same way. I spent almost 40 bucks on different feeders and he ate 2 total. He finally starting eating dubias after trying everyday for a month straight.

you dont have to feed your cham anything but crickets as long as everything is gutloaded and supplemented properly.

Thanks for the messages everyone! I dont know that much about bugs so I would be a little apprehensive about catching something that might hurt him...plus i live in Southern Cali where everything is sprayed!
I must say though that he did make friends with the Butterflies...He likes to put his face between their wings and close his eyes...Ahhhh....also gave rides on his back...so nice...LOL!!! I set them all free...I think he is lonely now. LMAO!!!:p

Back
Top Bottom