Runaway

so while cleaning my veiled chams cage i decided to run upstairs and grab him a butter worm out of the fridge so he can munch on, mean while i left the cage door open. i was intensely searching for him starting to get nervous cause i couldnt find him for about 10 min then finally i found him on top of the cage on the dripper cause i heard him moving about . I never expected him to leave his cage is this normal since hes getting a little older and comfortable with hes surroundings. Hes 6 months old and ive had him for a month its unusal behavior to me what do you guys/girls think ?

Totally normal - Chams are slow until you turn your back, then they can run like the wind. Especially at this age, he is starting to establish a territory and look for the ladies. Be careful that if gets out, there is nothing he can hurt himself on and he should always be supervised. Otherwise, he will probably enjoy some safe free range time.

Once mine hit about five months he started doing the exact same thing. I walked away one day and came back in the room and caught him half way across the livingroom window scaling the blinds. Now if I don't want him out I have to be very quick with the door or he'll make a run for it.

Yes, @bobcochran, like the wind!

Untitled-1.png

Back
Top Bottom