Rufus lost

PukaKeha

The door to my cage has a trick to closing, and the kids next door couldnt figure it out when they decided to sneak into Rufus's cage. By the time I noticed the door open he was long gone. :( I guess Ill have to get a hasp and lock before I bring home another chameleon :(

The door to my cage has a trick to closing, and the kids next door couldnt figure it out when they decided to sneak into Rufus's cage. By the time I noticed the door open he was long gone. :( I guess Ill have to get a hasp and lock before I bring home another chameleon :(

I would not be so quick to decide that he is long gone, unless his cage is outside. And even then, he could be very close.... you just can't see him, because that's what chameleons do best. Blend in and hide. I found my cham after I had just given up on him a week after he escaped. So keep an eye out. Keep searching. Up high mostly. Best of luck to you! And Rufus!!! Maybe he's out looking for his Chaka Khan? Ar ar <G>

I noticed he was out yesterday about this time so he has had a full day now. Im going to keep searching and hope that I find him.
Yesterday while I was looking I noticed that Jezebelle (our resident baby female that hangs out by the door sometimes) was stopping by for a visit. I was moving some silkworms I hatched a little over a week ago into a bigger container and decided to see if she wanted one. Heres a video of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc29ecKnI7Y
I also found another female a little younger than Rufus, so who knows maybe Ill find him with his chaka khan :)

Thank you for your vids. I hope to see tomorrow if time permits. (Eye candy}
I like that his "ladies" are coming by. Moreso, I think he is nearby. He feels freedom. I rejoice this, and the HUGE cage you live in. mmm =sigh= :}

Well I cannt find him anywhere. I found a female and she has the black spot on her leg and tail like Spuds shows in his pictures. I thought I would keep her at least until she sheds again to see if its still there. I also was wondering if someone knows how to tell how old they are from size and color. She cannt turn green yet so I figure she is still pretty young. Ill post some pictures so you can see the black spots Im talking about and maybe tell her age.

Back
Top Bottom