Rudis chams born

spawn

So my Rudis chameleon gave birth to 10 babies. I have them in a exo terra nano for the time being with a 13w CFL 5.0 UVB bulb overhead. It's not bright at all and it's over a screen so I don't think it'll be a problem for them being too strong.

How long until I should expect them to want to feed? Any care conditions different at this point from the adults? I have them on the ground so they're going to be 72-74 degrees Fahrenheit. They're smaller than I expected so I'm not even sure lobster roach nymphs will be small enough to feed them.

Any tips/hints welcome. From what I gather it's going to be rather similar to jacksons' care.

Congratulations! - I hope they do well for you - My jackson baby started with fruit flies- but I really have no idea- I'm just hoping for the best with your babies.

I was told by a breeder at a show that they do really well on fruit flies but I'm no expert (and not sure if he was) but that seems like a good thing to start any baby on. Good luck and post some pictures please! :D

They should be ready to eat fruit flies within the first day or so, and they will eat a lot of them so you'll want to stock up and start culturing as well! I have had the best luck raising the babies in small, fully planted Exo-Terra glass terrariums (I start off by separating the clutch into small groups in 12x12x18" models) misting once to twice per day (depending on your overall humidity). The 5.0 CFL should be fine.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom