Ruby's first clutch.

guanagator

Avid Member
Ruby the adult female panther I picked up from the Daytona expo dropped a clutch today, she had been off food and digging test holes all weekend finally found a spot she liked and layer 40 healthy looking little eggs.

Not sure if they will be fertile or not, she supposedly hadn't been bred before I got her however not sure if that's accurate. She will be 2 in December, was showing receptive colors from the time I bought her and was stacking on weight immediately. I put her in with Kai my young male and they both seemed to enjoy the date but I don't know if he is making viable sperm yet, haven't noticed any plugs. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

She seems happy to have the weight off, drinking a ton today and took out about 15 crickets I dusted with repashy lod, I also got some extra BSF larvae for the rest of week to get her calcium levels back up quick. Hoping we get some favorable weather so she can have some natural sun for first time in a month, haven't wanted to move her in and out since I noticed she was gravid.

These are my first chameleon eggs so been reading as much as possible, this forum is such a help!

What everyone really wants, pics!

B21BB539-D631-40C8-9BAD-914D0B8579B8_zpssxsqvmuj.jpg
[/URL][/img]
E74CFD49-9B31-4A06-A13F-F10B2CA824D8_zps1ueg10yp.jpg
[/URL][/img]
675E20A1-3F9C-4C6B-8DF5-100AB390F0F2_zpskvwjt5su.jpg
[/URL][/img]
12120828-C64D-4FB8-A5BA-0C2CF85E2239_zpshsxpkpdl.jpg
[/URL][/img] 39 of the eggs, found one more after photo
F934E73F-6F2F-47F3-BB16-DC1DD9737C5E_zps31q2hzbv.jpg
[/URL][/img]
First time I've seen her drink from anything but the Jade plants leaves, musta been a thirsty girl didn't even want to climb down.
C32438CB-F387-4B36-B0C3-134697466630_zpsopdklmac.jpg
[/URL][/img]

I love the tails wrapped together. The eggs look good. Just keep a good eye on them the next week. Most likely you will see if they start going bad. Fingers crossed for fertile eggs.

I love the tails wrapped together. The eggs look good. Just keep a good eye on them the next week. Most likely you will see if they start going bad. Fingers crossed for fertile eggs.

Thanks Laurie, and for all your help today! The tail pic is one of my favorites. Eggs are all well calcified, none have any significant discoloration or visible issues at this point. Will keep an eye on them and provide updates.

Checked the eggs again today and nothing has molded, all still white and looking good. If they are infertile any tips on what should I be looking for?

Ruby is doing well, still drinking more than usual, appetite has returned to normal.

Checked the eggs again today and nothing has molded, all still white and looking good. If they are infertile any tips on what should I be looking for?

Ruby is doing well, still drinking more than usual, appetite has returned to normal.

From the photo your eggs look good. If not then they will mold over in about two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom