Rubing on casque - Healing ok?

Hi,

About a month and a half ago I noticed a spot on the top of my cham, Kevin's, casque. It looked like he was rubbing his head on the top of his enclosure. I've sense then lowered the branches and have kept an eye on wound. I've read forums about burns, etc. and how the heal on their own but I'd love some feedback if his casque looks ok, or at least on the mend. As you can see there's no swelling. During his last shed, some of his skin didn't flake off of that spot so I left it on for a few weeks (see photos). Yesterday I had him out and he let me touch it with a damp tishue. He didn't seem to be in pain and a little bit more of the flake came off. What do you think?

He's 8 to 10 months old and an enclosure photo is below. Plus a fun "Party Hat" pic. He's a bit stuffy and wasn't too happy with photos being taken of his party hat.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Kevin Casque June 14.jpg
    Kevin Casque June 14.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 231
  • Kevin June 28.jpg
    Kevin June 28.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 258
  • Kevin's Habitat.jpg
    Kevin's Habitat.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 235
  • Kevin's Party Hat.jpg
    Kevin's Party Hat.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 234
The stuff above ^^ is very good for burns. It looks like it is healing fine...I would not pick off the shed unless it constricting blood flow to the area. Just let it come off naturally. :)

The stuff above ^^ is very good for burns. It looks like it is healing fine...I would not pick off the shed unless it constricting blood flow to the area. Just let it come off naturally. :)

Thanks! I thought it looked like it was healing well too. It looks like it's got a scab on it. I'll leave the shed alone. (y)

Back
Top Bottom