Rubbing eye on branch

OreoPapii

Zippy is my first chameleon and I don’t know if I’m just worrying or if it’s not that big of a deal. I was watching him and he was rubbing his eye on his branch. It was his first time that I know of his cage is right behind my desk where I play Xbox so I can always see him, but I noticed today he was rubbing his eye on the branch like I said it was the first time I’ve seen him do it so idk if it’s okay or if I should be worried.

I can just mean he has something in his eye or that it's irritated however he could scratch his eye or get an infection doing that so you should keep an eye on it.

If he is about to shed it could be normal if not you will want to keep an eye on it as mentioned above. I would give a hand misting until he cleans his eyes the next couple of days. If it persists there are some very good threads on here about supplement balance and eye health.

If he is about to shed it could be normal if not you will want to keep an eye on it as mentioned above. I would give a hand misting until he cleans his eyes the next couple of days. If it persists there are some very good threads on here about supplement balance and eye health.
Yeah it’s been a few weeks since he last shedded so maybe it’s that I hand mist his whole cage and him a lot throughout the day

My chameleon itches his eye time to time when he's in shed. If he's not in shed try giving him a good mist so he can clean his eyes.

Back
Top Bottom