Rubbing back raw

Karancon

Hi. My male veiled has rubbed his back raw on the top of his cage. I just took him out, chopped his tree down and put some neosporin on his back. He’s acting fine. Anyone else have this issue?

Is he rubbing it raw or is it a burn? What is your basking temp? how far down is the basking branch? Pictures would be helpful of your setup

It’s burn. We cut down some of the plant. The temp under light to left is too high 105 Im going to swap it out. Do I need to cut plant down more

Attachments

• 2232846D-A510-40C5-B2AF-8049EAA2F309.jpeg
    2232846D-A510-40C5-B2AF-8049EAA2F309.jpeg
    496.1 KB · Views: 64
Not a great picture but there’s a piece of skin sticking up. Temp down to 85. He’s acting fine. I feel sick.

You say the temp is down to 85 how are you gauging it? He is a full grown adult from the looks and that 85 temperature should be where the heat hits around the highest part of him. Your cage seems to be a bit small for a adult veild what size is your cage? Based on the pic you provided he can still get too close the heat light you need to have his perching spot a further distance from the heat bulb.

It’s a zoo med digital. It’s at his basking spot. His cage is the largest that I know I can buy. 36x24. He can still rub top of cage from his perch. I’m working on lowering it today.

Back
Top Bottom